Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Skalak

bhafc62

Feb 7, 2016
London
Posted on his Facebook page today...

12806122_899837310115588_5774934675141674003_n.jpg

Wondering how many fans are going to get this tattooed!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Everything he has done so far (off the pitch) suggests a cult hero in the making. A couple of goals against Leeds and he will be an actual hero

I like the urgency and endeavour that h put in against Cardiff. However, he didn't do enough to suggest that he should be in the starting line up ahead of Murphy, so he has got his work cut out to make the starting line up in the final games. That said I am sure he has a part to play in the run in and if he wants to start matches he has to grab his chance if he gets opportunities.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like the urgency and endeavour that h put in against Cardiff. However, he didn't do enough to suggest that he should be in the starting line up ahead of Murphy, so he has got his work cut out to make the starting line up in the final games. That said I am sure he has a part to play in the run in and if he wants to start matches he has to grab his chance if he gets opportunities.

Good to see you sticking by Murphy but I do agree with you FWIW

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good to see you sticking by Murphy but I do agree with you FWIW

I know I am biased towards Jamie but if Skalak had come in and done well then I would have said YES he should keep his place ahead of Murphy, albeit, begrudgingly. He didn't and Jamie came back in the very next game and showed what you miss when you leave him out of the team. I was disappointed when he wasn't in the team v Cardiff but he did have flu leading up to that match so I can understand why he was left out for that match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You seem to have missed the fact that Jamies upturn in form has coincided with a good supply of balls from the left back position be it Ridgewell or Rosenior .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You seem to have missed the fact that Jamies upturn in form has coincided with a good supply of balls from the left back position be it Ridgewell or Rosenior .

Think it's got more to do with having two flying wingers on the pitch stretching the midfield and defence - teams are struggling to counter Murphy and Knocky together - double up on one and the other gets space.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I'm in two minds about this. I wholeheartedly agree with you that he should by no means be displacing Murphy who has been fantastic in February. But to use the Cardiff game as a stick to measure Skalak I don’t think is really fair considering everyone had a pretty off day and he was arguably our best player in that game. It’s important that he gets a proper chance soon because we’re closing in on the home stretch and we need him to have some proper game time under his belt if we’re to get the best out of him. That’s why I’ve said I would start him against Leeds in place of Baldock (although this would be harsh on SB in view of his play against Bristol, but it’s a team game after all).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here