Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Potter has got to sort out his blind spot or else...

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Does any one believe that Potter might be in danger of going at the end of the season . Not one of us saw CH going and Bloom if the rumours are true might be looking at some one else

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So we are losing to the worst team in the league, what do you do?

A. Bring on a player who hasn't played for two years
B. Bring on a player who should not have played for two years
C. Bring on a player who used to play two years ago
D. All of the above

?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Does any one believe that Potter might be in danger of going at the end of the season . Not one of us saw CH going and Bloom if the rumours are true might be looking at some one else

Wouldn’t surprise me. Despite considerable investment we haven’t improved our league position at all. Must be very frustrating for Tony Bloom.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing

D. All of the above

?

Or bring on a striker who is right footed and play him at left wing back what a great manager Potter is sometimes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't and I hope not.

But, for me, because of all the points left on the pitch this season, GPott really has to start next pointing in the right direction.

If not and it's really bad - he's gone.
If it's not any better - he's gone at the end of next season.

There's no way Potter should find himself in that position and yet for me he unequivocally is.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Wouldn’t surprise me. Despite considerable investment we haven’t improved our league position at all. Must be very frustrating for Tony Bloom.

I know I get shouted down but rumours online Eddie Howe could be waiting for us ahead of Celtic . I do not think Potter would deserve the sack but who if they are being honest ever thought CH would get sacked the day after Man city game

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

D. All of the above

?

Izquierdo's shot and Ali J's two crosses were the closest we looked to scoring all night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potters biggest failing is not being able to set up a team up to cope with aggressive lower league players. After three minutes it was clear to me that we were not winning any 50/50s and that it was going to be a tough night. Once again we tried to play tippy tappy football against a competitive team who chased down everything and forced a goal from one chance. Not having anyone other than Biss, who is a one in twenty player when shooting, who is willing to run at players is a big problem. We aren’t good enough to play through a packed defence. Really bad day at the office for Gp

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Potters biggest failing is not being able to set up a team up to cope with aggressive lower league players. After three minutes it was clear to me that we were not winning any 50/50s and that it was going to be a tough night. Once again we tried to play tippy tappy football against a competitive team who chased down everything and forced a goal from one chance. Not having anyone other than Biss, who is a one in twenty player when shooting, who is willing to run at players is a big problem. We aren’t good enough to play through a packed defence. Really bad day at the office for Gp

100 per cent nail on head Icy and you have to wonder what Bloom is thinking as well. If we can all see it

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
If we had more clinical strikers we would be comfortably mid-table, fact ... :shrug:

This is what is required, we are a tidy unit and our goals difference tells us so. The blades got away with plenty of fouls which our friend decided not to punish in away that they kept their foot in all match.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know I get shouted down but rumours online Eddie Howe could be waiting for us ahead of Celtic . I do not think Potter would deserve the sack but who if they are being honest ever thought CH would get sacked the day after Man city game

**** that, he is clueless as a defensive coach and we won’t be paying the rates for the quality of strikers he’ll need. Bloom is not a fool and will not be employing a manager who needs big backing for the players he needs to stay in this division

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
**** that, he is clueless as a defensive coach and we won’t be paying the rates for the quality of strikers he’ll need. Bloom is not a fool and will not be employing a manager who needs big backing for the players he needs to stay in this division

Stranger things have happened Icy .

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Yep agree , after 5 mins I could see we needed to switch to a back 4 , the system was not working , Why was Gros playing as a wing back , much better options on the bench ,
Looks like to me Potter does not know how to set the team up to beat the bottom of the table teams , not enough experience or imagination to achieve this

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Stranger things have happened Icy .

With the budget Bloom would give him it would be a nailed on relegation, however if we do get relegated this season ( and I am not discounting it)....it could hapoen

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yep agree , after 5 mins I could see we needed to switch to a back 4 , the system was not working , Why was Gros playing as a wing back , much better options on the bench ,
Looks like to me Potter does not know how to set the team up to beat the bottom of the table teams , not enough experience or imagination to achieve this

He managed it pretty well last season. We beat Norwich home and away, beat Bournemouth at home and beat Watford away.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Bloom might shock as all just as he did 2 years ago

No chance, we were absolute dogshit for three months before CH got the tin tack. We have been very good most games in the last few months, GP is rightly here for the foreseeable...imo

Tonight was a blip, nothing more

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here