Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Lion......Gold Bentley

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This reminds me of infantile phone messages we placed on fall guys desks at my old office ... to “ring Mr.C.Lyons”, with the Drusillas phone number. Unbelievably, it worked every time.

Drusillas took it all in good humour, with a riposte of their own ready and waiting.

I left a phone message on a woman’s desk at work last year, the call back number: (01273) 28202820. When she came back in and queried it, reading the number out, I replied “Yes the number’s correct...and stop talking like an owl”

How we laughed (sadly we did)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This reminds me of infantile phone messages we placed on fall guys desks at my old office ... to “ring Mr.C.Lyons”, with the Drusillas phone number. Unbelievably, it worked every time.

Drusillas took it all in good humour, with a riposte of their own ready and waiting.

We did the same at my first office except, as it was at Castle Square, new staff were asked to call the same C.Lyons at the Aquarium. Indeed it did work every time.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Dave is a top bloke. I do actually know him and my mate worked for him at one of his pubs.

Slate him all you like for his lovely Bee Gees hair but he is a nice fella. Hard working lad so he was, obviously reaping the benefits now. Good for him.

100% this. Top bloke with a heart of gold and at least one amazing finger-nail.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We did the same at my first office except, as it was at Castle Square, new staff were asked to call the same C.Lyons at the Aquarium. Indeed it did work every time.

My first job I was sent over the road to the hardware store to get some sky hooks. That was all of 45 years ago but it was if it was yesterday and I still shudder when driving past what is now an estate agents. Wouldn't go in there now case they remember me, except the staff from then are probably all dead (RIP). Strange how these things stick in your brain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I left a phone message on a woman’s desk at work last year, the call back number: (01273) 28202820. When she came back in and queried it, reading the number out, I replied “Yes the number’s correct...and stop talking like an owl”

How we laughed (sadly we did)

My first job I was sent over the road to the hardware store to get some sky hooks. That was all of 45 years ago but it was if it was yesterday and I still shudder when driving past what is now an estate agents. Wouldn't go in there now case they remember me, except the staff from then are probably all dead (RIP). Strange how these things stick in your brain.

[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] used to work at the CAA, they told him the reason for the “brace brace” instruction is to ensure people’s heads don’t get ripped off and they can be identified :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] used to work at the CAA, they told him the reason for the “brace brace” instruction is to ensure people’s heads don’t get ripped off and they can be identified :lolol:

What on earth does this have to do with Dave Day ? Regardless, don't believe me if you you don't wish to - no skin off my nose if you get your head chopped off on one of your MANY flights and can't easily be identified. I'm guessing you're one of the people that believed the claim mobiles interfered with airplane systems as well :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What on earth does this have to do with Dave Day ? Regardless, don't believe me if you you don't wish to - no skin off my nose if you get your head chopped off on one of your MANY flights and can't easily be identified. I'm guessing you're one of the people that believed the claim mobiles interfered with airplane systems as well :facepalm:

I can imagine the rescue site scenes now “wow, I have found Richard Fairbrass’ head”. “Hmmmm, no Fairbrass on the passenger list. I think that’s Herr Tubthumper ”

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can imagine the rescue site scenes now “wow, I have found Richard Fairbrass’ head”. “Hmmmm, no Fairbrass on the passenger list. I think that’s Herr Tubthumper ”

Don't worry. I'm sure you'd be identified by your white-knuckled hands clasping your MAN BAG and the book of complimentary matches from Le Gavroche in your pocket :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Has he been a guest on the Albion ROAR yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here