Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr D Chapman

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
:rant:Can anyone tell me what this mans input in to the club has been, apart from owning a construction company that to me might just get the groundworks at falmer, hmmmmm...:albion2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
money?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well he and his wife bought us very nice cups of soup up near Falmer one Saturday a few years back.

I suspect he has also put a few pennies in the club to say the least.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
is it just me or what.. 13million gone in to the club,construction company wins contract... when it goe's for tender worth maybe 20million maybe

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
He's a friend of the family. I know how much this club means to him. He's put a lot of money into this club for no return, and he's Brighton through and through.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
From a personal perspective I have always found him very approachable. I spoke to him in on the terraces in Slovakia (watching England) - he introduced himself to us after spotting something that one of us was wearing that had the Brighton badge on it. We were somewhat taken aback as we had just run for our lifes from baton wielding policemen. When I aked him if he was also a fan he replied 'No I'm a director'.
I also met him in pizza restaurant in Portugal during 2004 and again he spoke to us and he has approached our group whilst sitting in a motorway services on the way to some away game or other...

I would suspect that he is one of the few who is still actually giving money to the club as he has a successful business. As we know DK appears to have retired so I would suspect his contributions may have dried up a little.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He has put seven figure sums into the club. He is a director, shareholder and vital financial backer at Brighton & Hove Albion.

He is currently working full-time with Martin Perry and others on the Falmer project. I don't know if he draws a salary on that, but apart from that he has never withdrawn a penny of his investment.

He is also on printed public record as calling Norman Baker 'a wanker'.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
is it just me or what.. 13million gone in to the club,construction company wins contract... when it goe's for tender worth maybe 20million maybe

As has been said often on here there is no way he can get the contract to build Falmer. His company is too small. Might get some sub contract but that might not be allowed under Eu law as he has a direct intrest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed it doesn't.

Derek Chapman is a good man, Albion to the core. He has been pouring money down the bottomless pit that is the Albion for years, long before Falmer was on the realistic horizon.

Some people just HAVE to look for an ulterior motive in everything.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

Yawn yawn yawn. Adenstar have said in the past that they are too small a company to build a football stadium.

And even if it wasn't, so what? I' be delighted to have our new grond built by a compny owned by a Brighton supporter.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Yawn yawn yawn. Adenstar have said in the past that they are too small a company to build a football stadium.

And even if it wasn't, so what? I' be delighted to have our new grond built by a compny owned by a Brighton supporter.

Well said i would be proud to have a fan and director who has helped the club over the years build the stadium :albion2:

Have supplied materials to adenstar for years and all the guys are great there especially Derek and Clive

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well said i would be proud to have a fan and director who has helped the club over the years build the stadium :albion2:

Have supplied materials to adenstar for years and all the guys are great there especially Derek and Clive

Haha clives my uncle ill have to let him no :D

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Derek. If you're reading this. Not everyone on NSC is a conspiracy-theorist or spacka. Many of us really appreciate the time and money you've poured into something we all love -BHA.

Buzzer

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

???

dc.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here