Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MPs - 11% Pay Rise

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disgusting. The rest of us have to put up with pay freezes or pay rises under the rate of inflation and have been doing do for a few years now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's frightening.

whats frightening us people know what occurs in parliament, thinkong it only consists of the PMQs or a handfull sitting on the bebches the rest of the time. clearly a PR problem to address.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I recently wrote to my M/P Karen Bradley(TORY) expressing my digust at her employing her husband on £42K A YEAR (its in the rules it seems) and you don't have to be interviewed for the post,her reply within three days of my e-mail was no shame and all was right and proper. Stuff her UKIP or Labour for me next time,i want her out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I recently wrote to my M/P Karen Bradley(TORY) expressing my digust at her employing her husband on £42K A YEAR (its in the rules it seems) and you don't have to be interviewed for the post,her reply within three days of my e-mail was no shame and all was right and proper. Stuff her UKIP or Labour for me next time,i want her out.

right, so there' no Labour MP's employing there spouse or family? dont be daft, there's alot doing this. theres an allowance for all MPs to run an "office" and if they deem their partner or kin to be suitable then let them. would you object to a company director empolying their spouse as a PA, bookeeper, sales manager, or anything else? personally £42k sounds too much but thats her loss she could have hired two people instead.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Some people find it hilarious...

George.jpg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sure,i know it works across all parties and the last i could find is that around 150/70 employ 'their own'. Your second point Yes to a degree i do otherwise why interview anyone after all we all someone 'who do that'.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think we should wait and see who takes the money ,I actual Believe that we should have less of them pay them higher wages and they should not have second and third jobs that would be a far better system. After all they are not as paid as much as many jobs in the private sector. We the public have been very upset with the expenses scandal but I bet this goes on in many companies. Remember this is for any MP which ever party they belong to.

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
Politics and corruption do really go hand in hand ,a family member was a councillor in our amazingly run town and he could barely string two sentences together .We had cyril smith as our leader for a while and i dont need to tell you of that episode even though it was common knowledge in many circles for years ALLEDGEDLY.Whats going on now is that we may just become a muslim town within a few years and all commit to sharia law .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was kind of watching some weird film last night after the FL show, it was set in 2015 the divide between rich and poor had reached epidemic levels, sad thing is I can see this becoming a reality.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
To be fair Tim Lawton has just emailed me to say he will not be taking the pay rise if offered

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I think we should wait and see who takes the money ,I actual Believe that we should have less of them pay them higher wages and they should not have second and third jobs that would be a far better system. After all they are not as paid as much as many jobs in the private sector. We the public have been very upset with the expenses scandal but I bet this goes on in many companies. Remember this is for any MP which ever party they belong to.

With you there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Their pay should be linked to the rest of the public sector - its been so long that I had a pay rise I can't remember when it was.

And there is no way we need over 600 of them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair Tim Lawton has just emailed me to say he will not be taking the pay rise if offered

Loughton and he was quite good on HIGNFY this week

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Their pay should be linked to the rest of the public sector - its been so long that I had a pay rise I can't remember what it was?

I bet you can remember it wasn't a whopping 11% though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
http://parliamentarystandards.org.uk/Pages/default.aspx

Not wishing to defend but lets cut the sensationalist rubbish. After the expenses scandal this was set up to deal in an open manner. Far from me to defend some of these inept people who are MP's but they do not have much say about their pay which is what was demanded by joe public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here