Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mp3 help

view

Mar 1, 2006
Eastbourne
Im trying to put some music on an mp3 player that i bought last summer, the problem is all my music is in itunes .m4a format and the mp3 player only plays .mp3 and .wma files. Just wondering of any of you chaps/chapettes know of a program (preferably free) that will let me change their formats?

cheers

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can convert the files in iTunes I think, to MP3

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yep, just checked, you can,

or you can do the same in RealPlayer

Last edited:

view

Mar 1, 2006
Eastbourne
nice, how do i go about this i can see under advanced i can convert the file to aac but nothing about to mp3?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Convert to mp3 is only offered when you have an AAC or WMA file (or collection) of them selected.

There are also third party mass convertors - AAC is not an "iTunes Format", its an MPEG format (same as mp3 is, just 8 or 9 years newer) that only Apple really push the use of - but they aren't likely to be free on Windows.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
gibbo652 said:
Im trying to put some music on an mp3 player that i bought last summer, the problem is all my music is in itunes .m4a format and the mp3 player only plays .mp3 and .wma files. Just wondering of any of you chaps/chapettes know of a program (preferably free) that will let me change their formats?

cheers

If you burn your itunes to disc then read disc back onto the computer it converts to another format from which you can convert to MP3. Bizare and a bit long winded but it works.

Most MP4 conversion programmes won't convert protected MP4 (i.e. ITunes)

I downloaded WavePad to convert to MP3 after burning to disc then re-loading.

Having said all that there is probably a much quicker and easier way of doing it that has escaped me so far.:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here