Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP writes to Prescott

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
post C&P from the Rivals site
=============
Just posted this on the Bury Official Site Message Board...

I sent an email to my MP, Ivan Lewis, on 8 March - as one football fan to another. (I got his email address from the information regarding the "postcard" appeal).

This morning I received a letter (on House of Commons notepaper, no less!). Ivan thanked me for my email and confirmed that he had forwarded my email, along with a letter "of his own" to "John Prescott MP, the Deputy Prime Minister and Firrst Secretary of State, whose job it will be to make the final decision on the application for Falmer".

That's what I call a result! At least my MP replies to me (unlike the MEN).

Come on all you out there, help the Brighton Fans in their fight for Falmer!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bury eh ?
Wasn't that one of those "pointless football clubs" being discussed the other day ?

Bloody well played you Shakers :thumbsup:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
This is the content of the original email, again a C&P from Rivals message board.
=======
No problem, glad to help...

For infor here is a copy of the email I sent to my MP, it's very simple, but it was effective!

Ivan,

I am writing to you as one of your consituents and also as a fellow football fan. I am sure that you must be aware of the difficulties faced by Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. It would seem that Falmer is the only viable site for Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. As a football fan yourself you well understand the importance of football to a community. Please do all you can to help the Brighton Fans achieve their goal!

Regards

My MP has promised to reply after having made some investigations and having spoken to 'interested parties' (the Brighton and Hove MPs? Prescott? She doesn't say).

Unfortunately, she's a New Lbour clone, so whatever she says to me will probably have no content at all. Still, I'll post it when I get it.

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatbadger said:
My MP has promised to reply after having made some investigations and having spoken to 'interested parties' (the Brighton and Hove MPs? Prescott? She doesn't say).

Unfortunately, she's a New Lbour clone, so whatever she says to me will probably have no content at all. Still, I'll post it when I get it.

I posted a while ago that Barry Sheerman (Huddersfield) had contacted John Prescott and I received a letter from Keith Hill in response to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here