MP stabbed in Yorkshire. ***RIP Jo Cox***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The witness who appears to have gone missing?. The other witness who was Turkish said he heard nothing of the sort. Bit like the " you ain't no Muslim bro" became the main story in the tube train stabbing. The quote becomes the story and used to set the agenda.
Still think the whole thing stinks.
Merkel and La garde saying " I don't want to link the killings to the referendum " which actually has the effect of linking it.
The EU commissioner for migration at least had the balls to link it directly to the leave campaign.

We now get a hint of what is coming in the referendum debate as it finally comes to the last week.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This has been a terrible act. Some people seem a bit defensive about their very tenuous link to this murdering ****. People dont think all leave people would do such a thing. You dont have to defend him. Anyway, thats enough from me on it.

Click bait exit stage left ... :flounce: *bites*

This has been a terrible act. Some people think it's OK to exploit this murder for political point scoring and are a bit flustered when challenged about it. People don't think all Remain people would condone this. But unfortunately some do and would even misrepresent an argument to suggest people were defending this murdering ****.

:nono:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Lots of facts have now emerged. It is clear, if it wasn't obvious from the start, that the murder is the behaviour of someone with severe mental illness (plus minus a dollop of evil, the proportion of which will emerge in time). It can neither be blamed on any Brexit campaign, nor can it be excused as a consequence of our being in the EU.

People don't attack and kill unsuspecting and defenceless strangers on the streets of the UK because they have undertaken a careful and paistaking policical or religious analysis of the UK today, and have concluded, reluctantly, that the only road to political or religious salvation is to commit a murder and spend the rest of their days locked up in prison or in Broadmoor. This, whether it be the recent murder, or the murder of the off duty soldier in South East London some while ago.

I also admit that the visceral reaction, to equate an event like this to reinforce one's own prejudices, can be hard to resist. We have seen it with folk whose attitudes to muslims and foreigners hardened over various and numerous events either done by muslims or foreigners. or done supposedly in the name of jihad, over the last 10 years or so. Likewise one might be tempted to regard the recent murder as typical of a certain little England mind set. Really, it isn't. I'll say that again. It isn't.

It is important to use the cebral cortex for analysing the actualite, and not the brainstem. Sadly, anger and rightous indignation make us feel justified. Such is how a man with mental illness, and probably certain susceptibilities and inclinations, can imagine he is putting Britan First by murdering an unsuspectingg woman.

It is all horrible and wrong. But it has nothing to do with what the man himself claims it to be about.

I just hope that this same level of level headedness will be applied by The Sun, Mail and Express in future should a similar crime ever be perpetrated by a Muslim. I'm all for considering the impacts of mental illness on people that commit crimeand would like to see it applied in all cases.

Your 2nd to last paragraph is startling in it's similarity to the debate on Islamic Fundamentalism. The vast, vast, vast majority of muslims think it is laughable that these people think their actions would be pleasing to God but that doesn't stop Islamic Fundamentalism being used in the mainstream media as somehow being representative of Islam in general and crimes committed by Islamic Fundamentalists being used to incite racial hatred. The perpetrators of these crimes rarely have a profile massively dissimilar to Thomas Mair.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

THISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICSTHISHASNOTHINGTODOWITHPOLITICS

Got it?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Click bait exit stage left ... :flounce: *bites*

This has been a terrible act. Some people think it's OK to exploit this murder for political point scoring and are a bit flustered when challenged about it. People don't think all Remain people would condone this. But unfortunately some do and would even misrepresent an argument to suggest people were defending this murdering ****.

:nono:

Buzzword of the day: exploit.
*sweeps under carpet*

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I just hope that this same level of level headedness will be applied by The Sun, Mail and Express in future should a similar crime ever be perpetrated by a Muslim. I'm all for considering the impacts of mental illness on people that commit crimeand would like to see it applied in all cases.

Your 2nd to last paragraph is startling in it's similarity to the debate on Islamic Fundamentalism. The vast, vast, vast majority of muslims think it is laughable that these people think their actions would be pleasing to God but that doesn't stop Islamic Fundamentalism being used in the mainstream media as somehow being representative of Islam in general and crimes committed by Islamic Fundamentalists being used to incite racial hatred. The perpetrators of these crimes rarely have a profile massively dissimilar to Thomas Mair.

The Guardian has already linked the crime to the Brexit campaign in an editorial and a number of other articles by Polly Toynbee, Gordon Brown and others. All with comments off.

I find that quite shameful and a naked attempt to use the crime for political ends. And this for a paper that normally leads the way in not tarring a whole community because of the crimes committed by an individual.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Guardian has already linked the crime to the Brexit campaign in an editorial and a number of other articles by Polly Toynbee, Gordon Brown and others. All with comments off.

I find that quite shameful and a naked attempt to use the crime for political ends. And this for a paper that normally leads the way in not tarring a whole community because of the crimes committed by an individual.

But this is the point. It hasn't happened in a vacuum.

- An article in the Sun with Zac Goldsmith's name attached appeared on page 5 and said brazenly that if Sadiq Khan were to be elected that was a threat to the safety of Londoners. Khan is now London mayor. Are Londoner's to believe that the man in charge is a threat to their security? Some people really worry about that stuff.

- Nigel Farage was, on the day of this attack, pictured in front of a poster that directly mimicked propaganda used by the Nazi's to decry the passage of immigrants to Europe after WW1. The implication of that poster was obvious. Some people really worry about that stuff.

Whichever side you are on, the overly simplistic terms used in the referendum debate like 'take our country back' allied to the anti-immigrant rhetoric coming daily from The Sun, The Mail and The Express (way over the top stuff, not legitimate debate which I'm all for) could possible create a climate whereby a person could conceive that they were being reasonable in murdering an elected representative advocating for the plight of refugees. The 'referendum debate' is part of this, it is reasonable to point this out and it appears to have resonated with politicians of all hues. Let's see the tone of the debate when they get back to it, I suspect we will see a marked change.

I think the last 6 weeks has marked a all-time low in British politics. The dog whistle London mayoral campaign and this referendum campaign where all both sides have to give us is an ever increasing level of fear. It's time that we all acknowledge this because we deserve better.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
In court he gives his name as ‘Death to Traitors, Freedom for Britain’ and his victim was a high profile ‘remain’ campaigner. It’s pretty obvious that in his mind this is linked to the referendum. This does not mean for one second that the Brexit leaders knowingly inspired this action and it shouldn’t actually change anyone’s vote as the arguments on both sides remain the same. However to say that no connection exists is a bit like saying that someone shouting ‘Allah Akhbar’ before opening fire on innocent people is not motivated by an interpretation/distortion of Islam, an argument I always find ridiculous.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

- An article in the Sun with Zac Goldsmith's name attached appeared on page 5 of and said brazenly that if Sadiq Khan were to be elected that was a threat to the safety of Londoners. Khan is now London mayor. Are Londoner's to believe that the man in charge is a threat to their security? Some people really worry about that stuff.

- Nigel Farage was, on the day of this attack, pictured in front of a poster that directly mimicked propaganda used by the Nazi's to decry the passage of immigrants to Europe after WW1. The implication of that poster was obvious. Some people really worry about that stuff.

Whichever side you are on, the overly simplistic terms used in the referendum debate like 'take our country back' allied to the anti-immigrant rhetoric coming daily from The Sun, The Mail and The Express (way over the top stuff, not legitimate debate which I'm all for) could possible create a climate whereby a person could conceive that they were being reasonable in murdering an elected representative advocating for the plight of refugees. The 'referendum debate' is part of this, it is reasonable to point this out and it appears to have resonated with politicians of all hues. Let's see the tone of the debate when they get back to it, I suspect we will see a marked change.

I think the last 6 weeks has marked a all-time low in British politics. The dog whistle London mayoral campaign and this referendum campaign where all both sides have to give us is an ever increasing level of fear. It's time that we all acknowledge this because we deserve better.

A number of politicians have made the point that it should not be connected to the Referendum campaigns. Labour MPs interviewed on the Today program on Friday last week, for example. Angela Merkel, for another. You are of course free to conclude what you want, but like the rest of us, you don't know what motivated this person to act.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He is a mentally ill man. He has also attached himself to far right comments/groups.
However the fact that people /posters on here are connecting all voters that want to Leave the EU with this Evil man are in my opinion using the death of Jo Cox for political gain. Shame on you. For your information I shall be still voting to Leave not because I'm a Racist. Not because I'm a xenophobe but because I genuinely believe this country will prosper outside this failing organisation. Yes if we vote to Leave there we be tough decisions to be made and there will probably be tough times ahead. These tough times will be orchestrated by the powers that be punishing us for daring to go against them.
However do not tar me or others for simply wanting the U.K. to be able to prosper on it's own. I believe within a few years of leaving we will be better off but do not ever call me a Racist.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He is a mentally ill man. He has also attached himself to far right comments/groups.
However the fact that people /posters on here are connecting all voters that want to Leave the EU with this Evil man are in my opinion using the death of Jo Cox for political gain. Shame on you. For your information I shall be still voting to Leave not because I'm a Racist. Not because I'm a xenophobe but because I genuinely believe this country will prosper outside this failing organisation. Yes if we vote to Leave there we be tough decisions to be made and there will probably be tough times ahead. These tough times will be orchestrated by the powers that be punishing us for daring to go against them.
However do not tar me or others for simply wanting the U.K. to be able to prosper on it's own. I believe within a few years of leaving we will be better off but do not ever call me a Racist.

who's doing that?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Is he advocating the medieval treatment of women on page 5 of The Sun though? Or do you not understand what we're talking about?
of course I understand , does it really matter to you whether its in the media or its happening at an event endorsed and fronted by the mayor of london ?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A number of politicians have made the point that it should not be connected to the Referendum campaigns. Labour MPs interviewed on the Today program on Friday last week, for example. Angela Merkel, for another. You are of course free to conclude what you want, but like the rest of us, you don't know what motivated this person to act.

The point is I haven't concluded. I'm saying that it is possible that the current political climate could have created a scenario whereby someone could do this and feel justified in their actions. I think that's a reasonable position to hold.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

- An article in the Sun with Zac Goldsmith's name attached appeared on page 5 and said brazenly that if Sadiq Khan were to be elected that was a threat to the safety of Londoners. Khan is now London mayor. Are Londoner's to believe that the man in charge is a threat to their security? Some people really worry about that stuff.

Quite. Politics has become poisonous but we have the politicians we deserve. Look at the extreme positions and language used on NSC and elsewhere on the internet. Reasoned debate happens but then is soon overtaken by personality destruction. Cameron gets called 'Dodgy Dave', Corbyn is attacked mercilessly about irrelevance, Hunt and Gove are spoken about as though they are criminal masterminds. The tragic murder of the MP is nothing to do with the issues of the Referendum in exactly the same way as people who were against the bombing of Syria are not responsible for the attack on the MP at that time. However if politics continues to involve personality attacks then we may have to expect more physical attacks on MPs in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports