Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP stabbed in Yorkshire. ***RIP Jo Cox***

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Freedom for Britain is a slogan (one of many) used by 'Britain First' and many other far right groups and has been for many years.

.. and why would 'Freedom for Britain' be a slogan for Britain First, and many other far right groups would you say?

.. even though ive never heard this phrase used by Britain First, or any other far right groups.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Freedom for Britain is a slogan (one of many) used by 'Britain First' and many other far right groups and has been for many years.

Freedom for Britain seems a bit too wordy for the knuckle-draggers which follow Britain First. I therefore don't believe you.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Freedom for Britain seems a bit too wordy for the knuckle-draggers which follow Britain First. I therefore don't believe you.

Nearly 1.5m knuckledraggers Herr T.

Yet we're told the far-right isn't a problem, that there isn't a racist element to the debate on immigration and that this chap is a lone wolf who acted in a vacuum.

It doesn't add up.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's interesting that when a mentally ill facist commits an atrocity, it seems to happen in a vacuum, yet when a mentally ill muslim commits an atrocity there's all kind of influencing factors speculatively attributed to it.

Have a look at the Anders Breivik case for further confirmation.

Michael Adebowale was diagnosed with PTSD and had mental health issues.

EDIT: Just some additional facts to reinforce what you're saying

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nearly 1.5m knuckledraggers Herr T.

Yet we're told the far-right isn't a problem, that there isn't a racist element to the debate on immigration and that this chap is a lone wolf who acted in a vacuum.

It doesn't add up.

1.5 million likes, and never more than 15 of them during theiir 'actions'. I believe the term is 'click farm'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Or the fact he did it a few days before the referendum? the atmosphere created by some of the more aggressive leavers

Depends where the evidence (yet to be established) leads. Was he acting off his own volition after numerous run in's with the MP. Was he being manipulated by others to do this on the run up to the vote, were there other factors involved .... I don't know, do you?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
How quick this thread has turned. As soon as he made his comments at his court appearance, some remain posters use this tragic death to score political points. It's a sad world if the few ( extremists)can dictate to the many on how they vote. I am still undecided and will eventually make my decision on the facts and hope in the final week the politicians will actually leave out the scaremongering

Discounting the rare extreme example that would be a difficult message to calibrate. One persons inflaming passions is another persons legitimate line of debate.

As far as I have seen or read there is no evidence that the Referendum debate is an any way a factor in this man's actions. He has long standing mental issues and has held far right opinions for a long time.

Unfortunately some people do seem keen to suggest a link and exploit this tragic murder to indulge in the very behaviour I described previously.
As a Brexiteer I may well be looking for the agenda but the BBC, when running the story in their headline piece are pointing out that she was a pro EU campaigner when describing the murder. A dreadful murder being used by many now as a referendum game changer.
I know I am singing from the Brexit camp song sheet but since this dreadful murder happened, the whole after case whiffs of convenience.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Anti Terrorist squad are investigating this murder. It's detailed in the Huddersfield Examiner.
Why do you think his first court appearance wasn't in Dewsbury, or Leeds magistrate's court? Even the Yorkshire Ripper had his Sending hearing in Dewsbury magistrates.

I'm not sure what point you are making. It may be possible even highly likely that this awful crime was intended to happen on the run up to the referendum my point was some are trying to suggest the tone/message of the Leave campaign is somehow a factor in this man's actions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Michael Adebowale was diagnosed with PTSD and had mental health issues.

Exactly. Now I think he's a lucky man to just be in prison for the rest of his life for the despicable crime he committed. However, compare the way in which the press reported the immediate aftermath of that event and this one. There appears to be a hellluvalotta benefit of the doubt going on at the moment that you hardly ever see afforded to mentally ill muslims.

I'm not asking for leniency just balance. It drives mental.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As a Brexiteer I may well be looking for the agenda but the BBC, when running the story in their headline piece are pointing out that she was a pro EU campaigner when describing the murder. A dreadful murder being used by many now as a referendum game changer.
I know I am singing from the Brexit camp song sheet but since this dreadful murder happened, the whole after case whiffs of convenience.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

When a man goes out, armed with a gun, and a knife, and butchers one of our MPs who is well known, as a pro EU MP, in broad day light outside her surgery.. whilst shouting either Britain First, or put Britain first,..im guessing its a fairly safe bet.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'm sure this will be decried as a stunt or gimmick. But I have genuinely been undecided about the referendum. I have concerns about mass economic immigration but not genuine refugees or skilled labour. I also have concerns about the potential effect on the economy of leaving. I was hoping for a reasoned debate from people in the know but get ridiculous scaremongering and lies from both sides. So I was still none the wiser.

But the aftermath of this tragic event has really brought home how the preponderance of thoroughly unpleasant people are on the Leave side. And that includes on here as well as in the wider public eye. People who squeal Muslim at the first sign of any other atrocity are pleading to leave politics out of it when it is a far right scumbag instead of a religiously motivated scumbag who is involved. I cannot in all good conscience vote alongside such people.

You might find this factual and evidence based argument for remaining useful:

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/2...-is-why-i-will-vote-remain-in-the-referendum/

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Depends where the evidence (yet to be established) leads. Was he acting off his own volition after numerous run in's with the MP. Was he being manipulated by others to do this on the run up to the vote, were there other factors involved .... I don't know, do you?

Someone from the NCS brexit camp who doesn't have a view. A first? To be fair you are one of the more measured

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How quick this thread has turned. As soon as he made his comments at his court appearance, some remain posters use this tragic death to score political points. It's a sad world if the few ( extremists)can dictate to the many on how they vote. I am still undecided and will eventually make my decision on the facts and hope in the final week the politicians will actually leave out the scaremongering

I'm not that bothered about the referendum, really, which is why you won't see me in any of the mind-numbingly dull threads on it. Leave or remain, we'll probably be alright, the world's not going to stop spinning.

The point being debated here now is actually far more important than that. It's about the power of the press in this country, it's influence on ordinary people, the current polical climate and the power that major establishments in this country have to spin events to a pre-conceived narrative.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And this disgrace was only the other day , here, in England , View attachment 75841 mediaeval treatment of women, by.the new mayor of our capital city , who has already started with his backward religions practices with the picture legislation, disguised obviously

Labour are always at it.

15ygi6f.jpg

Now Muslim women take on Labour - Private Eye

WHILE Shami Chakrabarti investigates allegations of anti-Semitism and Islamophobia in the Labour party, discrimination against another group seems to be largely ignored.
In February the Muslim Women’s Network UK (MWN) wrote to Jeremy Corbyn detailing concerns about Muslim male councillors blocking “able, knowledgeable and independent-minded” women from standing for public office and alleging the party was colluding with “systematic misogyny” to harvest votes. The national media then aired claims about candidate selection stitch-ups and Muslim women threatened with being “shamed” if they persisted in challenging traditional male-dominated community politics.

Intimidation
Muslim women’s lack of representation on councils underlines how male-dominated Muslim community politics can be. MWN said the problem exists across the political spectrum but is a particular issue for Labour because of its high level of support in areas with large Muslim populations. Shaista Gohir, who chairs MWN, flagged up Blackburn council, “where there are 18 or 19 male Muslim councillors and no women. How can that be? It’s not possible – to me that’s discrimination. Surely one or two would have got through?”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here