Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moyes - yes or no?

Would you want him here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You may not like it, but it's the truth. You seriously think the club relish the thought of RDZ 2.0 publicly questioning their ambition? Think harder
You are right in that statement on the type of personality that maybe we might be after, but that doesnt equate in any way to Moyes being the right fit for our model.

Hes about as diamatrically apart from being the right footballing candidate for our youth promotion model.

Moyes will get another gig and do well at the right type of club, I'd stake all my bitcoin on that not being here!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
You may not like it, but it's the truth. You seriously think the club relish the thought of RDZ 2.0 publicly questioning their ambition? Think harder
You need to understand the difference between someone who has opinions and will challenge in the proper way (i.e. in private) and someone who will mouth off to the press in a fit of pique.

Do you really think that Bloom is so fragile that he doesn't want to employ anyone who has an opinion and will voice it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You are right in that statement on the type of personality that maybe we might be after, but that doesnt equate in any way to Moyes being the right fit for our model.

Hes about as diamatrically apart from being the right footballing candidate for our youth promotion model.

Moyes will get another gig and do well at the right type of club, I'd stake all my bitcoin on that not being here!
Would that be the same David Moyes who gave Wayne Rooney his professional debut for Everton at the age of 16?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Would that be the same David Moyes who gave Wayne Rooney his professional debut for Everton at the age of 16?
Looks like that was a LONG time ago

1716469486654.png

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It was 2002. Your point is? :shrug:
One example of sticking a 16yo on the pitch 20-odd years ago doesn't suddenly make Moyes into a coach renowned for blooding youth. Particularly when the player concerned was so prodigiously talented for his age, any manager would have given him a shot.

Oh, and it was also just an opportunity for a cheap shot at Rooney for getting so old and fat so quickly for a former professional athlete.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I have nothing against the guy, in fact I think he handled a horrible situation at Man U with more grace than that club deserved. But I just don't feel we have a "David Moyes squad".

I don't find his brand of football very watchable most of the time, so I wouldn't want him for that reason too. But I think we'd have to buy and sell so many players to build a squad that suited him, it'd be crazy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One example of sticking a 16yo on the pitch 20-odd years ago doesn't suddenly make Moyes into a coach renowned for blooding youth. Particularly when the player concerned was so prodigiously talented for his age, any manager would have given him a shot.

Oh, and it was also just an opportunity for a cheap shot at Rooney for getting so old and fat so quickly for a former professional athlete.
Have you ever considered playing the ball instead of the man? And it was you that randomly posted the most unflattering image of Rooney you could find, not me. That totally unrelated aspect literally never crossed my mind. Why would it? :shrug:

All things considered, you're a bit of a cock mate. But nice to see I live rent-free inside your head :kiss:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Ticks a lot of boxes, especially re experience. However he is not very Tony in that the style of play is non existent, especially bearing in mind our squad. So its a no from me.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Have you ever considered playing the ball instead of the man? And it was you that randomly posted the most unflattering image of Rooney you could find, not me. You're a bit of a cock mate :wanker:
:lolol: I was answering your question you goon (posting an unflattering picture of the granny-botherer was one of the points of my post that you enquired about)

Is it the talk of Potter's return making you tetchy? :kiss:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
:wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Noooo. Don't get me wrong l have a lot of time for the guy, has been around a long time, and achieved quite a lot.

Quite simply though his style isn't our style. We haven't appointed a manager who adopts the same football ethos since Chris Hughton.

We have moved on considerably since those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here