Would you want him here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Silly question as there is no fit at all between a very good manager who plays low possession counter attacking football utilising experienced players and a club that is set up to play possession football with young players who need to be developed. West Ham had next to no U23s in their squad last year. He's never had a reputation as a manager who develops youth. He's an excellent coach and an underrated tactician. (See his visit to the Amex this season after getting battered last year, he'd come up with a plan.) However, he doesn't fit the model. He won't be on our radar and we won't be on his.
You're (apparently) missing the point. We won't hire him because he has forthright opinions and TB/PB will only hire a yes man.

All that other (completely spot-on) stuff is an irrelevance!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He'd have to really want the role and be like an eager puppy for me to consider it and even then sure we could pull 10 exciting foreign names out the hat instead.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No fecking way from me thanks, massive backwards step in style of play and I’m sure I heard PB say we wanted to carry on GP and RDZ’s style

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't even think he's that good a manager. With the amount of money lavished on that West Ham squad they should be competing in the top half.

Our wage budget is well below theirs and we properly played them off the park home and away

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You're (apparently) missing the point. We won't hire him because he has forthright opinions and TB/PB will only hire a yes man.

All that other (completely spot-on) stuff is an irrelevance!
Yes, I'd forgotten that they only appoint meek company men who won't say boo to a goose. Like that De Zerbi fella.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I'd done that poll there wouldn't be 'fence' only two options:

1 - No.
2 - Hell no.
3 - “you need a slap, even though you’re a woman.”

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Decent bloke (so it seems).
Vastly experienced.
Has been very successful.
Will do well at a club that has the budget for established players and doesn't mind the [ahem] more traditional tactics.

Not right for us at all, so no disrespect to Moyesey, but it's a polite no thank you from me.
Completely agree. He's actually a really good manager, but his playing style doesn't fit with our approach at all

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like how you chose a sly dig at the club, rather than reference the fact that Moyes' tactics and methods would be a terrible fit for the club's style, structure and squad.

Stay classy Tom!
Moyes has done pretty well in his time at West Ham, including in Europe. For sure he doesn't seem to be a big fan of playing pretty triangles in his own penalty area, but there's more than one style of playing

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Moyes has done pretty well in his time at West Ham, including in Europe. For sure he doesn't seem to be a big fan of playing pretty triangles in his own penalty area, but there's more than one style of playing
I agree that he's done well at West Ham. If you check out the post above you'll see that I'm complimentary about him and his achievements.

The problem is that the club has invested a lot of time and money setting up for a certain style and has shown that it won't deviate from the strategy, even to keep (arguably) our most successful manager ever. Will they forget all that to hire a manager who plays a very different way, isn't known for integrating youth into the 1st team and likes to buy tried & tested (expensive) premier league players?

But you parp on about the club not wanting to hire someone with forthright opinions...

Anything for a cheap shot at the club...

Give it up man, it's f***ing boring.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Good guy, good manager, terrible playing style.

I'd rather go down trying to play decent football than watch us under him every week.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Two people have commented on him being a 'good bloke'.

This is the SAME David Moyes that smashed a ball at a teenage ball-girl, and who told a female reported that they 'needed a slap'?
I did qualify it with "so it seems" and wasn't aware of either of those things...

I assume the former was an accident, but the latter is not OK, obvs. MOYES OUT

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree that he's done well at West Ham. If you check out the post above you'll see that I'm complimentary about him and his achievements.

The problem is that the club has invested a lot of time and money setting up for a certain style and has shown that it won't deviate from the strategy, even to keep (arguably) our most successful manager ever. Will they forget all that to hire a manager who plays a very different way, isn't known for integrating youth into the 1st team and likes to buy tried & tested (expensive) premier league players?

But you parp on about the club not wanting to hire someone with forthright opinions...

Anything for a cheap shot at the club...

Give it up man, it's f***ing boring.
You may not like it, but it's the truth. You seriously think the club relish the thought of RDZ 2.0 publicly questioning their ambition? Think harder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here