[Football] Moyes replaced by Lopetegui

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I hope he stays to piss them off even more.
Sky sports have confirmed Moyes is leaving at the end of the season. I’d tell them where to shove it now, saying they’ve lined someone else up if he leaves is a massive insult. Could have waited a fortnight to make the announcement. They’ve done Moyes dirty here after he’s delivered Europe 3 seasons in a row and a trophy.

Or announce Moyes is leaving at the end of the season first so the fans can give him a send off, just don’t announce his replacement before you’ve announced he’s leaving.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Dirty announcement by the West Ham board.

All looks silly if Moyes stays. Though if I was Moyes I wouldn't be staying after being done like that

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Dirty announcement by the West Ham board.

All looks silly if Moyes stays. Though if I was Moyes I wouldn't be staying after being done like that
Confirmed as going now.

“By mutual consent” 😂

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Mutual consent is a strange one seeing as how his contact ends at the end off the season. Wonder what is mutual about ‘we won’t offer you a new contact’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty much off-topic, but does anyone know why bookies sometimes pay out early? My Hammer mate had £25 on Lopetegui because he heard he’d interviewed a few weeks ago from someone at the club.

But they paid out already yesterday and closed the book. He hadn’t officially joined at that point.

Is it a “good will” thing, or is there another reason I’m completely missing?
Apparently @Wozza says this is not news so presumably this has been an open secret for some time.

Personally, if I head Loppateggy was on his way to us, I'd feel a bit sad. Like this

1715017428535.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Mutual consent is a strange one seeing as how his contact ends at the end off the season. Wonder what is mutual about ‘we won’t offer you a new contact’
Maybe there’s a clause for a renewal based on this years league finish

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah but any idea why bookies don’t just wait? They pay the same return out anyway…
Good question, actually.

Maybe if they pay up sooner it makes for easier and cheaper book keeping?

Or maybe it attracts headlines, making people think 'what great guys. I must go and bet with them!'
Lovely publicity, as it makes it all about them, rather than the event.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Good question, actually.

Maybe if they pay up sooner it makes for easier and cheaper book keeping?

Or maybe it attracts headlines, making people think 'what great guys. I must go and bet with them!'
Lovely publicity, as it makes it all about them, rather than the event.
The latter was my thought - and I’ve not named the bookie for that very reason. But my friend certainly will be a customer of theirs regularly if he wasn’t already.

PR seems most likely

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One way to oust some one, say X is joining Y, if Z leaves Y.
In other words sling your hook McDavid, jump before you're pushed

If his contract was up, he didn't need ousting did he?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Apparently @Wozza says this is not news so presumably this has been an open secret for some time.

Said that because the 'Lopetegui advanced talks' thing has been around since Friday. Moyes going obv predicted for months.

And this morning's post included an 'if', stopping short of confirmation, like some kind of "in-between news".

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Said that because the 'Lopetegui advanced talks' thing has been around since Friday. Moyes going obv predicted for months.

And this morning's post included an 'if', stopping short of confirmation, like some kind of "in-between news".
So it is news now? Maybe if you correct the record and issue a full apology we can all move on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports