Moyes gone!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really ? can you imagine the ridicule he would receive at any away ground in the Premiershp ? Chairmen may be idiots but they are not stupid. "lets have a look at the CV Mr Moyes... ah yes, 10 years of plodding along at Everton and 10 months of catastrophe at United ".
Players talk too, I'm pretty sure that what has happened recently will be all around the dressing rooms by this weekend and, as such, he will struggle to win over any Premiership squad that he is appointed to manage.

There are clubs with fans who would give their eye teeth to be plodding for 10 years in the Premier League.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never said he was a clown, just unsure of his abilities as a coach at Premiership level.

Beating Chelsea twice, Man Utd and Man City seem to be fairly good results imo. I know they are still in the relegation zone but that's where they started. He has UEFA B & A badges.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Really ? can you imagine the ridicule he would receive at any away ground in the Premiershp ? Chairmen may be idiots but they are not stupid. "lets have a look at the CV Mr Moyes... ah yes, 10 years of plodding along at Everton and 10 months of catastrophe at United ".
Players talk too, I'm pretty sure that what has happened recently will be all around the dressing rooms by this weekend and, as such, he will struggle to win over any Premiership squad that he is appointed to manage.

Well if plodding along is mostly finishing top eight with the odd qualification for the Europa League and Champions League plus a cup final or two then I'd take that tbh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beating Chelsea twice, Man Utd and Man City seem to be fairly good results imo. I know they are still in the relegation zone but that's where they started. He has UEFA B & A badges.

Excellent, that will put him in good company with all the other coaches in the Premiership. One thing, do you get a certificate when you pass and would it be written in longhand with " Charlie's " full name ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

as above, 10 years plodding in the Premiership on the sort of budgets Everton had would seem a step up for probably half the Premiership. I can see him turning up at say Newcastle or Villa and doing a decent job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Excellent, that will put him in good company with all the other coaches in the Premiership. One thing, do you get a certificate when you pass and would it be written in longhand with " Charlie's " full name ?

It should be, shouldn't it? Instead of A4 it would need to be A3.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
as above, 10 years plodding in the Premiership on the sort of budgets Everton had would seem a step up for probably half the Premiership. I can see him turning up at say Newcastle or Villa and doing a decent job.

I have a friend who is an ardent Everton fan. He always had hope that they would break through and get back to their glory days but, in his time at Everton they usually started the season badly or ended the season badly. There was often an expectation that Moyes would get the sack but he would often get the team to go on a run of wins that would save his skin and the cycle would continue. Not my words but an Everton fan. As you can imagine, he is overjoyed this season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not my words but an Everton fan. As you can imagine, he is overjoyed this season.

and rightly so. At least Everton have glory days to get back to though, a lot of the others not so much. If they stay up, do you think say Norwich wouldnt be interested? Or Hull or West Ham. I wonder if the Everton fan acknowledges the squad and setup that Moyes left for Martinez who has taken a solid squad tweaked it to his style with excellent results. i think that partly shows up Moyes shortcomings and strengths, he's not attack minded enough to really challenge at the top, but he certainly demostrated he can nuture talent (albeit not to full potential).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have a friend who is an ardent Everton fan. He always had hope that they would break through and get back to their glory days but, in his time at Everton they usually started the season badly or ended the season badly. There was often an expectation that Moyes would get the sack but he would often get the team to go on a run of wins that would save his skin and the cycle would continue. Not my words but an Everton fan. As you can imagine, he is overjoyed this season.

I work in Liverpool with many Everton fans and most thought he walked on water before he left for Utd.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I can't see Moyes getting a job in the top half of the Prem for a while, I suspect Chairmen will now feel there is too much at stake to entrust their aspirations to him.

However there might be something in the suggestion that he might end up at Celtic, if Lennon moves on. Could be a good fit for Moyes to go back to his roots, get a breather away from the Prem but still be sufficiently high profile and giving him a chance to gain more of a European pedigree?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I work in Liverpool with many Everton fans and most thought he walked on water before he left for Utd.

A bit like all the Man U fans saying that Moyes should have been given more time. Always plenty of opinions in football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't you love these throwaway comments on Nsc? 90% of our coaching staff changed since last summer. Oscar brought 3 coaches with him including a gk coach, so Andy Beasly joined Poyet at Sunderland. Others left of their own accord, like Hinshelwood.
Matt Miller was reduced to water boy by the conditioning and fitness coach. He is now running his own business.

Poyet & Oatway were dismissed so completely different context. Others leaving by their own accord is not something the club can do anything about really.

Don't forget Moyes didn't take a job following a sacking or a shocking season. He walked into a successful setup. Not sure why that makes the points throwaway?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As with following Matt Busby and when Arsene Wenger goes whoever takes over will struggle because like Busby and Wenger Sir Alex was and is a formidable character to follow with mapny successes so only 1 way to go. Like United post Busby it may take 2 or 3 failures before they find the right man?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As with following Matt Busby and when Arsene Wenger goes whoever takes over will struggle because like Busby and Wenger Sir Alex was and is a formidable character to follow with mapny successes so only 1 way to go. Like United post Busby it may take 2 or 3 failures before they find the right man?

If Mourinho had got the job, I think he'd have been a success. Struggle wasn't inevitable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports