Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to the West Lower

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
er, no; I'll speak for most people thank you very much. I didn't say everyone.
So you know the views and speak for some 13,000+ Albion fans do you? All of whom are currently seated at the moment in remarkably comfortable seats at The Amex. I'm sure there are 2 0r 3 thousand who would stand given the chance, but let's be honest - speak for most? You're having a larf.Football has moved on since the old days of shabby stadia, with manky hot dogs, wood and tin shacks for toilets, dangerous standing terraces and wooden rattles. You may get a sanitised version back one day for the dogged few who maintain it's the only way to enjoy football, but I wonder if your 13 or 14000 mates really want to stand for their football now. And let's not kid ourselves that all the away fans stand from choice, sitting isn't an option. Respect to every one of them who travels and provide some of the best and noisiest support to the boys. But I bet a few more would go if there was a sitting option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Super Steve Earle. But I bet a few more would go if there was a sitting option.[/QUOTE said:
I stopped going to away games because you bought a seat and others decided that they had a right to stand in front of that seat because their mates had bought one near by rather than like my sons 1 buy them all. So they were together. No clubs or at least very few insist on people sitting in their purchased seat?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I stopped going to away games because you bought a seat and others decided that they had a right to stand in front of that seat because their mates had bought one near by rather than like my sons 1 buy them all. So they were together. No clubs or at least very few insist on people sitting in their purchased seat?

When an away game is a sell out then some stewards insist that you remain in the purchased seat.
Fulham was a sellout, & my ticket was towards the back despite me asking our ticket office if I could have one near the front, as I have difficulty standing for an entire game now. I asked a steward when I arrived, if I could sit in a seat near the front. Soon after kick off the steward came back to me and showed me to another seat.

Usually it's not a sell out so it ends up as sit or stand where you like
The oldies who want to sit head towards the front, and the ones who want to stand go further back. It works well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
When an away game is a sell out then some stewards insist that you remain in the purchased seat.
Fulham was a sellout, & my ticket was towards the back despite me asking our ticket office if I could have one near the front, as I have difficulty standing for an entire game now. I asked a steward when I arrived, if I could sit in a seat near the front. Soon after kick off the steward came back to me and showed me to another seat.

The oldies who want to sit head towards the front, and the ones who want to stand go further back. It works well.[/QUOTE]

Unless its chucking it down? I'm thinking of your ageing joints :D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Used to be west lower. I don't mind people not singing. My issue was with the negativity of a few dominant voices.

I have a decent level of tolerance for people moaning when something bad happens, when players make mistakes, when the games going against us, etc. but these people moaned from kick off. They didn't even give some players a chance to mess up before they started getting on their cases. It got too much so I moved to the upper section and while it's good to have a view of the whole pitch and to be able to see the action in the corners without everyone along the row leaning forward, I do miss the close proximity to the action.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The oldies who want to sit head towards the front, and the ones who want to stand go further back. It works well.[/QUOTE]

Unless its chucking it down? I'm thinking of your ageing joints :D

Cheeky beggar. At most away grounds, if you avoid the first four rows, you can stay dry'ish. I still have my Withdean poncho and have been known to place it over my lap if the weather forecast is really bad!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We (lad and I) sit in W1H row K. Thought about moving but like it where we are (more his choice than mine). Good mix of sitting and standing during good bits, decent bit of banter and noise, close to North West Corner /PBC, more or less dry in the rain but most importantly right on the action in the second half (in theory), being roughly level with 6 yard box and high enough to see what's happening and low enough to hear it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have been in west lower since day 1 it was full of idiots who didnt realise that you bought a SEAT not a standing space so that everybody can see the game. It is much better now and a very good view although my son prefers the view from West Upper.

Are you sure it's just the view he likes? :whistle:

All the best people are in WSU :thumbsup:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I've been WSL W1G row L since moving to The Amex. Views are great (but then again, having also sat on occasion in the North and East, where aren't they?). Atmosphere very variable from game to game, often dependent on whether the WSU get going or not, then it filters down. If the North could actually get their act together and stop fannying around in two sections I'm sure this would help greatly too. As others have said though, a lot of corpses. My group have had one official warning so far from the head steward in the area for getting a bit too colourful. All in all I'm happy there though, welcome in.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I've been WSL W1G row L since moving to The Amex. Views are great (but then again, having also sat on occasion in the North and East, where aren't they?). Atmosphere very variable from game to game, often dependent on whether the WSU get going or not, then it filters down. If the North could actually get their act together and stop fannying around in two sections I'm sure this would help greatly too. As others have said though, a lot of corpses. My group have had one official warning so far from the head steward in the area for getting a bit too colourful. All in all I'm happy there though, welcome in.
Cheers. Does it get hit by the rain there?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
West Lower need to be ten rows back or more....East Lower at least 15 rows back as weather blows that way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm in W1G (Row S). Been there since the Amex opened.
Great view, not much atmosphere though. In front of me are quite a lot of pensioners who make no noise but are albion through and through. Behind we have a right whinger who moans constantly mostly he's wrong and hasn't got a clue about whats going on in the game. Give him his dues though he also turns up nearly every game.

Do you sit behind me?, l'm in W1G, Row R. I'm not one of the pensioners though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here