Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to Paris

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
OK. Then I'd suggest 6e (might be too expensive?), 14e or 15e. Would they work for your commute?

6e or 7e would be fab, I've stayed there a few times but like you say pricey. Commute looking good for 14e or 15e, my office is in 8e.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The cheapest way is to drive if you pick a few passengers at the port front seat £100 back seat 5 x £50 boot 2x£25 1 on the axel £10 :facepalm: or you start seagulls over Paris and might be able to car share.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Too long since I lived there to give any specific advice, but be prepared for a shitstorm of administration. Everything you do in France seems to need to be rubber stamped at the prefecture.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
6e or 7e would be fab, I've stayed there a few times but like you say pricey. Commute looking good for 14e or 15e, my office is in 8e.

14e and 15e are definitely cheaper than 6e, though the closer to the centre you get, the more expensive (obviously). Given you'll be working in 8e, perhaps somewhere around Ave Emile Zola in 15e? Plenty of metro stations around...

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
The best part to live in Paris which is central but not full of tourists is St Germaine de pres. Similar to Hampstead in London. You might get a studio flat there for approx 2500 euros per month.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The best part to live in Paris which is central but not full of tourists is St Germaine de pres. Similar to Hampstead in London. You might get a studio flat there for approx 2500 euros per month.

Jules! How nice to see you. Any news on Stephen Ward's signing? You were so sure of your information - what happened?

PS - the OP's budget is E1500.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
moving to Paris
one thing to say
you lucky sod

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
The agent said he was 95 % sure but I guess nothing is 100 % until the deal is done. Disagreement over personal terms I understand.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Am also moving back to France (and am not giving up my Season ticket) and noticed that the Euro Tunnel has a deal of buying 10 tickets for journeys with a car (in off peak times) for £430.00.

I didn't think that was too bad at £43.00 a time..(£86.00 return of course)

I've heard Ken Brown has a chateau there. Perhaps the pair of you could share a bottle or two of red?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The agent said he was 95 % sure but I guess nothing is 100 % until the deal is done. Disagreement over personal terms I understand.

Fair enough. Perhaps not so wise to create a new thread with the post "I understand Stephen Ward deal now done. Announcement within next 48 hrs." as your first ever contribution to NSC then. Just a thought.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I've heard Ken Brown has a chateau there. Perhaps the pair of you could share a bottle or two of red?

I,m afraid the only 'red' was the blood spilt on the carpet when Mr. Bloom finally realised what of course I already knew....that Mr. Brown was an incompetent waste of space, whose only claim to fame was shiny shoes.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Easyjet fly from Paris to LGW, so if you can book seats enough in advance, that should save you money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I,m afraid the only 'red' was the blood spilt on the carpet when Mr. Bloom finally realised what of course I already knew....that Mr. Brown was an incompetent waste of space, whose only claim to fame was shiny shoes.

Your rant at Brown at that match is still my personal highlight of our time at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here