Movies you didn't expect to enjoy ...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Went with the kids to watch Lego Movie and Paddington enjoyed both if I'm honest!

And some would say you are being honest Jim Bob....aren't you?....Jim Bob?....Or were you actually lying when you typed that?

(This post was sponsored by 'The Campaign to Remove Pointless, Superfluous and Utterly Unneccesary Phrases Such as 'If I'm Honest' From Popular Usage in the English Language')

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The first Toy Story. I whined and whined about why everyone else wanted to go and see some trite-looking kids' cartoon. Two hours later and I'm in raptures about how magnificent it was.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And some would say you are being honest Jim Bob....aren't you?....Jim Bob?....Or were you actually lying when you typed that?

(This post was sponsored by 'The Campaign to Remove Pointless, Superfluous and Utterly Unneccesary Phrases Such as 'If I'm Honest' From Popular Usage in the English Language')

I'm not being funny, but, to tell you the truth, your campaign has no chance of being successful. In my opinion. To be honest, I think you should chill, live and let live - that's what I think anyway. If I'm honest.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When you have young children, it is a revelation how many good films there are that are aimed at them - many of which are mentioned above. My kids are older now, and so I don't get to see these films anymore.

Any parent who expects to not enjoy films such a Toy Story is in for a treat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Moneyball, no interest in baseball and sports films are generally iffy but I like Bradley Pitts and gave it a go. Hands down one if the best films I've ever seen. You don't have to have any interest in baseball to get into it. Smashing film.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Moneyball, no interest in baseball and sports films are generally iffy but I like Bradley Pitts and gave it a go. Hands down one if the best films I've ever seen. You don't have to have any interest in baseball to get into it. Smashing film.

In the discussions here about our player recruitment policy, seemingly reliant on stats, I thought of Moneyball. Great film and goes to show how the odds on that method being infallible are so sky high that success means Hollywood make a film out of it!!

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Bridesmaids, what can be that funny about a group of women going on about a woman getting married?

I found it one of the funniest comedies out there, great script writing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Place Beyond the Pines. I'd loved Blue Valentine, which took 15 years to make, or something, and you could feel the slowly-built connection and love for. Pines, though, I thought all too quickly lost its way, and made the blunder of having Bradley Cooper play a key role. Increasingly bobbinsish.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bridesmaids, what can be that funny about a group of women going on about a woman getting married?

I found it one of the funniest comedies out there, great script writing.

In a similar vein I was dubious when Horrible Bosses was suggested by the better half .... f**king funny !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports