Move on, move on, nothing to see here. Especially no whizzy winger from Newcastle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
My source says we are still negotiating with Newcastle and if we fail Gus will try to loan him......

I can't say who my source is though as i'd have to kill you

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... patience severely strained now...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The-Controllers-If-Tomorrow-Never-Comes.jpg

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Please don't shoot me down guys, this was posted on Eurosport Transfers Live etc. and it does not say anything in particular so chill !

4:01 AC: Brighton boss Gus Poyet admits a deal to sign Kazenga Lua Lua from Newcastle is proving to be complicated.

spelling may be a bit complicateed ?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Confirming what other posts have stated failed his medical thats why we are talking about taking him on loan.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Confirming what other posts have stated failed his medical thats why we are talking about taking him on loan.

That doesn't make sense to me. But I'm only basing this on the comments in the argus...

Firstly, I'm not sure how much the loan is being considered. Gus was asked if he would consider a loan, he said he would. He also said he still thinks a permanent deal will go through. A newspaper then focused the story on their own leading question, giving it more weight than it perhaps deserves.

Secondly, there isn't really any less of a fitness requirement for loanees than there is for permanent signings, is there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That doesn't make sense to me. But I'm only basing this on the comments in the argus...

Firstly, I'm not sure how much the loan is being considered. Gus was asked if he would consider a loan, he said he would. He also said he still thinks a permanent deal will go through. A newspaper then focused the story on their own leading question, giving it more weight than it perhaps deserves.

Secondly, there isn't really any less of a fitness requirement for loanees than there is for permanent signings, is there?

Failing a medical doesn't mean he's not fit now, or generally fit to play. It means that it through up something which might cause the player problems in time. As such the buying club still want him, but might have reassessed their valuation to factor in the risk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Possibly the difference would be the amount we pay of the wages. If he is on loan I assume that NUFC will pay some of his wages and if he is injured we dont lose so much as if we signed him and paid all of his wages, which could be more than we would as a loanee.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I read Gus's comments and i got the impression that it was to do with the money. That they were basically still haggling over the details. Did others not feel that? The medical failing made sense to me but Gus's comments were “My first impression was we would be able to buy him. It’s negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right." That last bit surely suggests the goalposts have been moved in terms of price and that's what they are still talking about?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I read Gus's comments and i got the impression that it was to do with the money. That they were basically still haggling over the details. Did others not feel that? The medical failing made sense to me but Gus's comments were “My first impression was we would be able to buy him. It’s negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right." That last bit surely suggests the goalposts have been moved in terms of price and that's what they are still talking about?

I think you are absolutely right but as I got bored with this thread when it got past 1000 posts I can't be bothered to say so............................

:dunce:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't it say in the very same article that KLL was fit, ie. no injury problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports