MOUTH - The latest

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We are all entitled to our opinions..........and you, yours.

True, BUT some of the abusers clearly had no idea WHO Richard Hebberd is or WHAT his job is.
Call him an idiot if you wish, but calling him a wanker, **** etc when you know feck all about him and his job is pathetic.

Now, if he was secretly Palace....

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
Totally agree , even at Withdean there are double standards for away supporters with the stewards taking a low profile role if its Leeds or Millwall or any club with over 700 fans present. When there are only 100-200 away fans they adopt a more zealous attitude. What is going to happen at Falmer with 2000+ away followings ? Surely a new head of security will come in who knows both sides of the business , probably an ex copper with some commonsense.

Not sure about the ''common sense'' bit but I think you will find that Mr Hebberd is a retired police officer. Clearly he held some rank or another as he speaks about being the 'ground commander' at football matches in his interview with Harty.

As to the Leeds or Millwall references, I suggest that you listen again to the Albion Roar as PC Darren explains quite rightly, why action is never taken against these supporters.

Believe me, it is quite normal for the 'constable' rank to adopt the common sense approach to situations whilst the 'officer' rank is completely out of touch with the situation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I didn't hear RH on the Albion Roar

I did. He made a decent effort to answer the questions from our very own Jeremy Paxman, TLO, and I thought he was fairly reasonable.

I didn't agree with some of the things he said, but he didn't seem arsey about it.

However if there was a fire, and I was in urgent need of relieving myself.....

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Presumably a 'plain clothed steward' wasn't wearing any identifying numbers?

If so, isn't that against the rules?

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Over 12,000 threads. Mouth is a celeb. Name the North Stand after him. Shame on the club or is it just the stewards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports