Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
1980 BMW R65 lightly customised and a 1982 MZ TS125 because I have to have a two-stroke.

Oct 9, 2010
CRAWLEY
2008_0514T595TRIUMPH0002.JPG
This was on the first amex ride out

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know virtually nothing about bikes but I was lent one of these for a month or so by my boss when I lived in Ibiza in the early 70s. Given my lifestyle then I came very close to injuring myself badly on quite a few occasions as I tried to get to grips with it. I haven’t ridden a bike since. It was very exhilarating but I was a liability on a bike and gave it back after a week or so

0DCD274D-3601-4C32-AD95-0E8908067DE3.jpeg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Stone me [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION], that's brilliant. That must have been such a high point.

Just don't put up the Philip Island version eh?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stone me [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION], that's brilliant. That must have been such a high point.

Just don't put up the Philip Island version eh?

:lol: no Philip Island footage...yet, but there is some Le Mans stuff somewhere. Next year hopefully I’ll be ticking Jerez off the list.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I've been a bad biker this year, only managed a few hundred road miles and one soaking wet track day which I gave up on. Must do better

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm a rare lover of the Motogp Le Mans circuit, so that's a another top day. Valencia though, shove that.

Le Mans gets a lot of stick but it’s superb to ride. We do an annual trip with about 8 of us from the Brighton area, 3 days on track and camping in the paddock, it’s awesome.
My Dad’s been to Valencia for the GP but not ridden it, he’s retired now so does 7 or 8 Euro trips per year, he’s ridden his RSV4 at Catalunya, Brno, Aragon, Jerez, Portimao, Le Mans, Estoril, Mugello and Parcmotor Castillio the lucky sod.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I’ve been riding around 20 years but have only just come across the perfect for me bike. I passed my test on the direct access route on a GPZ 500 kwaka. Had a few bikes since including Suzi gsxr750, zx9r ninja Kwaka, suzi 1600 intruder and a Harley fatbob.

I’m currently the proud owner of a Triumph tiger 1050 sports. I love this bike and my only swap for this would have to be a BMW 1250 GS.

I am planning to cover the North Coast 500 route around Scotland either next year or in 2022. If anyone fancies joining me and a couple of friends then feel free to get in touch? It will probably be a 10-12 day trip.

c2c830493569488123af86dadc6ee9fc.jpg

I can thoroughly recommend the 1250GSA. Just bought a HP version in blue ,white and red. My 6th GS and the best of the lot.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I’ve been riding around 20 years but have only just come across the perfect for me bike. I passed my test on the direct access route on a GPZ 500 kwaka. Had a few bikes since including Suzi gsxr750, zx9r ninja Kwaka, suzi 1600 intruder and a Harley fatbob.

I’m currently the proud owner of a Triumph tiger 1050 sports. I love this bike and my only swap for this would have to be a BMW 1250 GS.

I am planning to cover the North Coast 500 route around Scotland either next year or in 2022. If anyone fancies joining me and a couple of friends then feel free to get in touch? It will probably be a 10-12 day trip.

c2c830493569488123af86dadc6ee9fc.jpg

I did the NC500 last year on an Africa Twin. It was amazing - enjoy

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Le Mans gets a lot of stick but it’s superb to ride. We do an annual trip with about 8 of us from the Brighton area, 3 days on track and camping in the paddock, it’s awesome.
My Dad’s been to Valencia for the GP but not ridden it, he’s retired now so does 7 or 8 Euro trips per year, he’s ridden his RSV4 at Catalunya, Brno, Aragon, Jerez, Portimao, Le Mans, Estoril, Mugello and Parcmotor Castillio the lucky sod.

Agreed, I've not ridden, but driven, LeMans is superb. just on a different scale to most circuits. I'd imagine Spa is pretty awesome on a bike, eu rouge would be terrifying!

Anyone ever done Chimay? It's closed now, but we raced there in 2005. great street circuit. a bit like a mini le Mans.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Donnington, with Ron haslams school but it was biblically wet. Sadly they're packing it in this year.

Yeah, I read that about the Ron Haslam days, shame, my dad did it years ago and loved it. I’ve not ridden Donington yet but really want to, Mrs DFP’s sister lives 10 minutes from the circuit so it’s ideally placed for a a nights B&B too :)
Were you using your own bike or one of the CBRs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here