Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Recently acquired myself an Aprilia RSV4 track bike, managed to get to Donington Park for a spin. It’s bonkers fast but wrestling a litre bike left me with serious arm pump by sessions 5 and 6, great fun though.
IMG_6605.jpeg
IMG_6606.jpeg
IMG_6604.jpeg

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sadly have decided my lovely CBR600 must go, fell over on the drive (my fault) and had get a neighbours teenager to help get it upright again (joys of being 63). Don't want to give up bikes after 42 years so perhaps an RD250 - but where can you find one?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Sadly have decided my lovely CBR600 must go, fell over on the drive (my fault) and had get a neighbours teenager to help get it upright again (joys of being 63). Don't want to give up bikes after 42 years so perhaps an RD250 - but where can you find one?
I dropped my GSX1400 when cold in a car park and a lovelly old lady helped me pick it up, it was rather embarassing. I have a 1972 TS400 which is very loud but also really light and has shocking brakes. RD250/400 or KH250/400 would be great fun but a lot of money. You'll love the smell :)

Attachments

• 2022-04-15 12.45.49.JPG
    2022-04-15 12.45.49.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 27

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cracking bike!

Cracking bike! Possibly the naked Tuono even more, so easy to ride.
The handling and braking on it are sensational, I’ve got full K-Tech suspension and it goes round corners like it’s on rails.
My dad has just bought himself a 2021 RSV4 track bike with a cool 217bhp!! Look forward to giving that a spin.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sorry to hear that, it is a shame to have to get rid of a tresured bike. Most bikes for me have always been out of reach due to their hight or weight or both. it is not because I am am a female rider, it is because I am a short arsed and physically wimp female rider. The up side is that there are quite a number of lighter bikes that are really fun to ride.

I love the fact i can use most of the power of my z400 on the road where sensible and keep hold of my license.

I hope you find something you equally love

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I dropped my GSX1400 when cold in a car park and a lovelly old lady helped me pick it up, it was rather embarassing. I have a 1972 TS400 which is very loud but also really light and has shocking brakes. RD250/400 or KH250/400 would be great fun but a lot of money. You'll love the smell :)
Had all of those strokers back the 80's/90's, wish I had kept my RD400F, think they are going for 10K now!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Very excited, test road one of these today and loved it and put a down a deposit for one.

Have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive. Not replacing any of my other bikes just an addition.

View attachment 178388
I don't really know much about motorbikes, but I do feel dark coloured bikes are very high risk, especially around country lanes.
Did you go for this colour? A nice bright orange or lime green would be the choice if I was advising my grandson.
I do agree it looks quite tidy.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't really know much about motorbikes, but I do feel dark coloured bikes are very high risk, especially around country lanes.
Did you go for this colour? A nice bright orange or lime green would be the choice if I was advising my grandson.
I do agree it looks quite tidy.
Yes I chose this colour, but to be fair the only difference between the three choices is the colour of the tank. if someone is going to pull out they will only see the headlight coming towards them, so they won’t know what colour the tank is until it’s to late.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Yes I chose this colour, but to be fair the only difference between the three choices is the colour of the tank. if someone is going to pull out they will only see the headlight coming towards them, so they won’t know what colour the tank is until it’s to late.
Very nice, what are your other bikes? You can never have too many

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
That little Honda is crazy, in a good way. The z400 doesnt't look how I remeber them, but looks great fun. I like the look of the new z900RS, if only it had two shocks at the back. I mostly ride a GSX1400, you can be very lazy with it. I enjoy my 77 GS750 probably in the same way you like the Z400 except the brakes are a bit crap. It must be the time of year because I'm looking to add to the collection.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
That little Honda is crazy, in a good way. The z400 doesnt't look how I remeber them, but looks great fun. I like the look of the new z900RS, if only it had two shocks at the back. I mostly ride a GSX1400, you can be very lazy with it. I enjoy my 77 GS750 probably in the same way you like the Z400 except the brakes are a bit crap. It must be the time of year because I'm looking to add to the collection.
I love all motorcycle, the Issue for me is being a 5ft 3 weakling. So I like light bikes with a low seat hight, the power doesn’t scare me and I have a full A license, it just bikes with a lower capacity engine are lighter. The z900rs is a great looking bike, I have a really soft spot for Kawasaki as my first bike a very long time ago was a kh125 and the first bike after I past my test was a ZXR400, I still miss that bike.

but any motorcycle, whether it’s a cruiser, adventure bike, sports bike, classic, modern classic, made in china, the uk or India, a 125 or 1000cc, they are all good and if you enjoy riding it, makes you grin all the better.

summer is coming 🤞 time to get more, if it would only stop blooming raining.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Okay I understand, stay safe with all those pot holes.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Okay I understand, stay safe with all those pot holes.
Yes them and gravel, diesel spillage, white lines and drain hole covers in the rain. riding motorcycles is not a safe hobby, but the depression I would feel not being able to do it would be more dangerous for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here