Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You think rich pay less???

If you earn £12500 you have NI + tax deductions of £912 proportion of earnings taken as deductions approx 7.5% if you earn £125000 you have deductions of £49000 deductions approx 39% you do seem not to understand but I assure you 39% is a larger proportion than 7.5%

Out of interest in your mind where is the starting point for becoming a "fat greedy shit " there might be several on NSC. I might be one although at nearly 6ft and 12.5 stone I don`t qualify on the normal meaning of fat.

This is fact not fiction like most of your posts.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Absolutely that's how it should work. In reality the tax that big earners should be paying doesn't get paid. That's a very widely acknowledged fact. By all means quite the ideal situation til you're blue I. The face. The reality is far from different.
What does nearly 6 ft mean, you're either 6ft or you're not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Absolutely that's how it should work. In reality the tax that big earners should be paying doesn't get paid. That's a very widely acknowledged fact.

have to be a pendant, that's a supposition, it not a fact. the vast majority of tax big earners should pay, is paid, and that amount to which some is avoided or evaded is highly contentious.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
have to be a pendant, that's a supposition, it not a fact. the vast majority of tax big earners should pay, is paid, and that amount to which some is avoided or evaded is highly contentious.

I don't agree but that's not the end of the world.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You said rich people pay more tax. Proportionally they don't actually but again, just pesky facts. Anyway, you said rich people pay more tax. I said so they bloody should, the fat, greedy shits. No more explanation needed.

2vb6c15.png

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
£122 Billion each year. I doubt that sum is made of many low earners.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'm not sure that graph tells us much without knowing how much of the wealth the top 1% own, and I can'd find the answer to that. All I know is that the top 1% own the same amount of wealth as the bottom 55% in this country, so 28% of total income tax receipts seems perfectly reasonable.

It's worth bearing in mind that your graph only considers income tax, by the way. Levels of inheritance tax, VAT, corporation tax and so on as a percentage of total tax receipts would give a much clearer picture.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you saying she can feed nine people for a fiver a day? Or a fiver per head per day?

She could make a decent meal with vegetables and meat for 1 adult and 8 children for £5. Eg toad in the hole, cottage pie, bacon suet pudding, meat pie etc That is having bought the base store cupboard ingredients like flour herbs gravy granules salt and pepper which is a one off buy every month, probably £5-£10 then £5 perday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not sure that graph tells us much without knowing how much of the wealth the top 1% own, and I can'd find the answer to that. All I know is that the top 1% own the same amount of wealth as the bottom 55% in this country, so 28% of total income tax receipts seems perfectly reasonable.

It's worth bearing in mind that your graph only considers income tax, by the way. Levels of inheritance tax, VAT, corporation tax and so on as a percentage of total tax receipts would give a much clearer picture.

Does this help?

Screenshot 2015-07-14 08.14.55.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She could make a decent meal with vegetables and meat for 1 adult and 8 children for £5. Eg toad in the hole, cottage pie, bacon suet pudding, meat pie etc That is having bought the base store cupboard ingredients like flour herbs gravy granules salt and pepper which is a one off buy every month, probably £5-£10 then £5 per day.

I have just been told by my wife to do that for 1 adult and 8 children she would need either a large back up store of things like 1/2 ccwt potatoes eggs etc but she would be confident of doing it at £10 per day for dinner. Pwerhaps I have praised her too highly with her cooking ability

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Silly selfish woman dedicating her life to bringing up 8 children after her partner and father of the children chose to leave them
Do we know he chose to leave the children, and that it wasn't a breakdown in their marriage, and that he wasn't kicked out?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
£122 Billion each year. I doubt that sum is made of many low earners.

i think you'll find alot of it is, as your source shows the majority of tax evasion is from the "shadow economy", along with criminal and fraud activity.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
i think you'll find alot of it is, as your source shows the majority of tax evasion is from the "shadow economy", along with criminal and fraud activity.

I am sure that this is right, It is fashionable and doubtless justified to an extent to blame "the few"- they are always good for a pounding -but I suspect that collectively we are all to blame. How many times have you, the reader, been given cash for work/favour/request etc and not bothered to declare it, because you think it is rightfully all yours, having worked for it. I imagine that for very small sums we probably think it is just not worth the bother of filling out a tax form, and to an extent this is quite reasonable. But of course that is not really the main reason why we fail to declare it. We are all very hypocritical when it comes to paying our taxes -we try to dodge it if we can, but nonetheless all expect the ambulance to be there in 8 minutes.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I agree, but the sooner people realise the welfare bill is pretty insignificant to the extent of what the bankers/hedge funders have caused the global economy the better. The tax payer hardly flinched when tax money was used to bail out the sheizter banks yet everyone up in arms when the poorest in society are trying to get by using a welfare system. A very small minorty go out to delibratly exploit the system yet its been used as a propeganda tool to pitch the working class against the welfare classes whilst the bankers and ones at the top are getting away with murder whilst laughing tears at their champayne dinner parties!

Key difference here being that investing tax payers money into the UK financial industry has provided significant benefit (in the billions) to the UK economy, and not only that but all of that money given is being returned to UK plc, in some cases with a tidy profit.

Personally I’d rather it was invested in that, than some broad who can’t keep her legs shut and treats her womb like an income generating clown car, where the UK economy sees no benefit other than another 8 chavvis to feed.

Of course, in a civilised society, we should never let kids go hungry / cold ect, which is why benefits are important. But these people should only be able to live off them, not live to the as high a standard as a hard working citizen and expect the life of luxury.

Therefore, IMO, £2k with £137 rent is more than sufficient to keep these kids clothed, fed and warm.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I am sure that this is right, It is fashionable and doubtless justified to an extent to blame "the few"- they are always good for a pounding -but I suspect that collectively we are all to blame.

well that is exactly my point. Nibble (and others) contends that avoidance and evasion is the preserve of the very rich, and that of an estimated 122bn lost tax, its not coming from low earners. in reality its from everyone, across every bracket of income and wealth.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
well that is exactly my point. Nibble (and others) contends that avoidance and evasion is the preserve of the very rich, and that of an estimated 122bn lost tax, its not coming from low earners. in reality its from everyone, across every bracket of income and wealth.

But that does not suit the dogma, of course.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I agree, but the sooner people realise the welfare bill is pretty insignificant to the extent of what the bankers/hedge funders have caused the global economy the better. The tax payer hardly flinched when tax money was used to bail out the sheizter banks yet everyone up in arms when the poorest in society are trying to get by using a welfare system. A very small minorty go out to delibratly exploit the system yet its been used as a propeganda tool to pitch the working class against the welfare classes whilst the bankers and ones at the top are getting away with murder whilst laughing tears at their champayne dinner parties!

Do you not think that this convenient and simplistic way of viewing matters is just that shade exaggerated. Yes, "the few" must shoulder their share of the blame, as must we all. I think the expression that the tax payer hardly flinched, is rather way of the mark, considering the tax payer in millions of cases received next to no pay rises for many years due to the global crisis. And of course greedy bankers over-stretched themselves lending money to equally greedy tax payers (understandably) wanting a mortgage they must have realised they would struggle to pay off. As to your last sentence, surely you don't really think that life is this simple? I think you will find that the objection to excessive benefits is not with regard to helping the poorest as such, but the billions involved in funding the lifestyle of tens of thousands of (self-inflicted) poorer families who have no interest in contributing to our society.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What does nearly 6 ft mean, you're either 6ft or you're not.

your ignorance astounds me. Surely, nearly is a commonly used word. I`m nearly 6ft.nearly 60 years old,I live near to Lewes . If you are serious which I doubt look it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here