Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So many things to say from that Mirror article, but I would be had up on PC charges.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was some bloke on 5-Live yesterday grizzling because him and his partner were going to have their tax credits cut. He works full time, she works part time and "we chose to have 4 children, now the government is pulling the rug out from under us".

He was well spoken and clearly not stupid, but I find it astonishing how some people genuinely seem to believe that they have a moral right to breed as much as they want, and have someone else help pick up the tab.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was some bloke on 5-Live yesterday grizzling because him and his partner were going to have their tax credits cut. He works full time, she works part time and "we chose to have 4 children, now the government is pulling the rug out from under us".

He was well spoken and clearly not stupid, but I find it astonishing how some people genuinely seem to believe that they have a moral right to breed as much as they want, and have someone else help pick up the tab.

I have more sympathy for that situation, to be fair. By which I mean, it is harsh if both parents are working to make ends meet and calculate they can do so, only to see benefits slashed thereby taking you into the red - it sort of happened to me when child benefit was cut. However on reflection, I think you are right when you say people should assume the worst when it comes to state benefits when making these decisions.

Back to this woman - she is clearly a fcking idiot with no moral compass. A clear case of someone abusing the rules, and there will always be people like this. But you have to ask, why, after a budget that slashes benefits, do we hear about these extreme examples in the media? I am far more interested to know how these cuts affect those who DO have a moral compass, DO contribute to society and pay their taxes, and DO need the money that has been taken away.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have more sympathy for that situation, to be fair. By which I mean, it is harsh if both parents are working to make ends meet and calculate they can do so, only to see benefits slashed thereby taking you into the red - it sort of happened to me when child benefit was cut. However on reflection, I think you are right when you say people should assume the worst when it comes to state benefits when making these decisions.

Back to this woman - she is clearly a fcking idiot with no moral compass. A clear case of someone abusing the rules, and there will always be people like this. But you have to ask, why, after a budget that slashes benefits, do we hear about these extreme examples in the media? I am far more interested to know how these cuts affect those who DO have a moral compass, DO contribute to society and pay their taxes, and DO need the money that has been taken away.

what rules are they ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Sorry, meant someone abusing the state benefits system.

That's different and this is why she is dragged onto every Benefit St/Life on Benefits/Fat and on Benefits/On Benefits and got 50 kids programme on TV as she is a one off but it is the powers that be that want her portrayed as the norm so outraged of Dorking SPLUTTERS into his coffee when he sees her on TV or in the paper alongside that slapper from Yorkshire

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's different and this is why she is dragged onto every Benefit St/Life on Benefits/Fat and on Benefits/On Benefits and got 50 kids programme on TV as she is a one off but it is the powers that be that want her portrayed as the norm so outraged of Dorking SPLUTTERS into his coffee when he sees her on TV or in the paper alongside that slapper from Yorkshire

Yes, which was precisely my point in the second part of post #25.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will be plenty of couples and single mums having two more kids before the new rules on child related benefits kicks in at the start of April 2017.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here