Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD yesterday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mate phoned me this morning saying how lucky we were last night after watching MOTD and Brentford were all over us.

the art of shite editing is not dead.

i watched in disbelief as the “ highlights” didn’t show us hammering in their door for the period before Brentford’s pen, and then showing the one off the line when that was the only attack they had made up to that point and Mitoma had terrorised their full back for the time before that….and then after.

i thought that was a shocking representation of a game

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If he's done that after watching 2 minutes of MOTD then the problem is more likely with him.

Our own youtube post of the highlights is almost exactly the same, except it shows where Adingra narrowly missed at the end.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If he's done that after watching 2 minutes of MOTD then the problem is more likely with him.

Our own youtube post of the highlights is almost exactly the same, except it shows where Adingra narrowly missed at the end.
MOTD also showed Adingra's shot?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mate phoned me this morning saying how lucky we were last night after watching MOTD and Brentford were all over us.

i watched in disbelief as the “ highlights” didn’t show us hammering in their door for the period before Brentford’s pen, and then showing the one off the line when that was the only attack they had made up to that point and Mitoma had terrorised their full back for the time before that….and then after.

You lost me at MOTD

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On a night when Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, city and current media darlings Villa played we should be lucky we got 2 minutes. No analysis of penalty or punch yet 15 seconds wasted on the teams marching out!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You lost me at MOTD
I have to get my Aston Villa are magnificent and arsenal fast flowing attacking football fix for the week.

sometimes our games are frustrating to watch and I just like “ hoof it down to the big lad “ footy and the excitement that brings To watch as an antidote.

such a shame last night they didn’t show how IMMENSE Igor was.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BTW. Doesn’t one else think the media have fallen out of love with us at last?

In contrast, I was listening to TalkSport whilst walking out of the stadium and their reporter only mentioned Brentford's penalty as an afterthought because "he'd almost forgotten about it because it was so against the run of play"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were given a token tiny slot. There was no footage of the game prior to their pen, just a weird mention of "until now it's just been pressure at the other end" ... or something like that.

They eliminated the opening 25+ minutes of football. Including a saved JPVH header, misses by Gross and Adingra.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
BTW. Doesn’t one else think the media have fallen out of love with us at last?

Yep agreed. The commentary last night especially from Robert Green was particularly biased towards how well Brentford were playing etc. The wider media narrative now seems to be that everyone knows our style of play and have worked out ways to combat it.

No mention in the commentary of Baleba dropping into defence when we were attacking meaning the full backs could tuck in and overload midfield to combat Brentford's tactics..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have to get my Aston Villa are magnificent and arsenal fast flowing attacking football fix for the week.

sometimes our games are frustrating to watch and I just like “ hoof it down to the big lad “ footy and the excitement that brings To watch as an antidote.

such a shame last night they didn’t show how IMMENSE Igor was.
I know it's old news, but I'm not a Lineker fan, much prefer Chappers presenting.
For MOTD Brighton are fun to watch when it fits into their quota of RDZ and talent.
I sometimes get the feeling that they're trying too hard for lickle old us.
Only IMO mind you :lol:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Show him the "Attack Momentum" chart:

Annotation 2023-12-07 134800.png

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I watched MotD this morning - true, it didn't give a proper representation of the match. But they had about half an hour to edit it, so we can probably cut them some slack. Plus it was obvious that ours was the least interesting game last night (from a neutral's perspective)....even the Palace match was slightly more intriguing, with Bournemouth's revival now they have got to grips with Iraolo's tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here