Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD tonight

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is a real thing then!?.... I definitely dont even consider watching MOTD unless we get at least a point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, although as Stat says it does depend on the point - I didn't bother watching the Norwich game or the other goalless draws. And I'd quite happily watch all of MoTD if it just showed the highlights, but the endless analysis I find totally boring. I've said before (and I'll say it again) that MoTD is actually two programmes. I'm sure all the wannabe Bill Shanklys love the analysis, so why not have that as a separate programme and let MoTD go back to its roots of being a highlights show with just the odd interview.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is a real thing then!?.... I definitely dont even consider watching MOTD unless we get at least a point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's a real thing for me. If we've got at least a point and deserved it I'll watch. If we've won and not deserved it I'll watch. Otherwise, not so much.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Yes, I’m fully aware that Chapman is a presenter/journalist, and that’s why, as I said, it’s a completely different show when he presents.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. I could have written something clearer, but what I meant was the best anchors are always trained journalists not ex-pros. Des Lynam, Jeff Stelling, Chapman, Brian Moore, James Richardson, Colin Murray on the EFL shows all knew/know that the job is to make the guests interesting, not to be interesting. Lineker hasn't got the training to do the job, so he relies on his poor impression of Des's natural charm. People moan about Alex Scott, but she has actually gone and done the training, not presumed that she can do the job because she played the game. As a result, she is actually a better host than pundit and is actually doing the job she is paid for, rather than getting by on being famous like Lineker does. As I have said, I had nothing against him as a pundit. As a host, he is lazy, entitled and cliquish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here