Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Shameful Display Since Stoke At Home Under McGhee

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Stoke game was great fun. I remember us all cheering when Stoke got one of their goals then when we scored Stoke fans were absolutely loving it, jumping up and down and everything. Can't be compared to today as that game meant absolutely nothing and this game was MASSIVE

This is very true, it was a great laugh overall

Whereas yesterday was SICK

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am also a tad dissapointed with Thomson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is that brightonbear's job? To justify Dean White's role? Righty-ho.

You're quite right about me not knowing exactly what Dean White does on a day-to-day basis, but then I'm not going down that ludicrious road some have decided to take of 'because I don't know what he does, I reckon the club should therefore sack him', nor am I making any judgements about what he does and how he does it.

I would like to know what he does, so personally, I'd Ask The Club myself one day. I did do that once regarding Bob Booker's role, so I'd imagine his role is quite similar.

You are quite right it is not brightonbears job to give an opinion on the merits are otherwise of Dean White but at least his opinion would carry more weight than most on here. I do not know exactly what his merits are but can only form an opinion, like every other poster, based on what I see and what appears to be the case, whether or not that opinion is correct is open to debate. Until somebody comes on here and tells me I am wrong because of a b or c then I will still have and keep the same opiniion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why? Hes only as bad as everyone else.

well I have seen him in most games since he has been here and apart from the Leeds game where he certainly earned his corn, I havent seen any improvemnet.

The problem I have sometimes with our loanees or signings as they very rarely "improve". Maybe its that they are asked to play in positions they are not suited to, ie Westlake out wide ( his best games have been playing through the middle).

I thought yesterday the Port vale tactic of filling the midfield and passing the ball quickly caught us cold and certainly Thomson appeared the player who seemed less able to come to terms with it. I thought PV must have had us watched as whenever racon got the ball he had two or three players around him...this is where I would have expected Thomson to help out and I didnt see him do that.

If we have learned anything from yesterday, if racon and westlake are to go backj or be too expensive, we could do a lot worse that go after the PV number 14 who I recon was the best player I have seen down here this season

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Your right about players not improving, Murray and Thomson were both on fire when they first joined us and now look at them! My point was that Thomson was CRAP yesterday, but so was everyone else, so why single him out for abuse? And anyway hes a lot better than FRASER

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You are quite right it is not brightonbears job to give an opinion on the merits are otherwise of Dean White but at least his opinion would carry more weight than most on here. I do not know exactly what his merits are but can only form an opinion, like every other poster, based on what I see and what appears to be the case, whether or not that opinion is correct is open to debate. Until somebody comes on here and tells me I am wrong because of a b or c then I will still have and keep the same opiniion.

You are entitled to that opinion, but can you say on what you base that opinion?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Your right about players not improving, Murray and Thomson were both on fire when they first joined us and now look at them! My point was that Thomson was CRAP yesterday, but so was everyone else, so why single him out for abuse? And anyway hes a lot better than FRASER

sorry?

I may be old and infirm, but where did I single him out for abuse......I merely suggested I was dissapointed in him,,,,How does that constitute abuse?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok not abuse, but you moaned about him and no one else.

Blimey

If you think being dissapointed in someone is moaning at them, you must have a very strange understanding of the language.

I was dissapointed in my last bottle of Chablis, however that is not to say I was moaning about it, I just preferred the last bottle I had.

See what I did there?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I would have expected more leadership from thompson, a player who has captained a side. But then we seem to be lacking leadership.

How often is it we have a poor 1st half? How many were surprised when we went a goal down> It happens far too often and you have to wonder at the preparation before a game and why the players aren't wound up and ready from the 1st min.

OK, there will always be off days but, although the touch may be off that's no excuse for lack of effort. Work harder and play it simple.

I'm not on the 'Wilkins Out' bandwagon (yet) but he is too cautious, doesn't motivate before a game and saw the same failings that we all saw yet did too little too late.

Come on, Wilkins was a dead ball expert so what does he teach them in training?

It's also poor that players, given a golden chance to close the gap on a play off place, in dront of a bumper crowd, play so poorly. there's a fair few that won't be back for a while.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are entitled to that opinion, but can you say on what you base that opinion?

One would expect the management TEAM to be able to see the problems that many supporters see and expect them to act on these problems and it would seem that either Chapman and White have no input or influence on Wilkins, or he ignores what they say or the 3 of them do not see the problems. Is Dean White no the ASSISTANT to the m,anager and Chapman the Coach so if any of the 3 circumstances I have mentioned are true they are not doinmg their jobs or we are paying them for nothing.

The 3 of them , collectively or singularly, which ever it is seem incapable of changing the course of a game when we go behind in such a manner as yesterday. They changed to a diamond fiormation and this made the situation worse.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One would expect the management TEAM to be able to see the problems that many supporters see and expect them to act on these problems and it would seem that either Chapman and White have no input or influence on Wilkins, or he ignores what they say or the 3 of them do not see the problems. Is Dean White no the ASSISTANT to the m,anager and Chapman the Coach so if any of the 3 circumstances I have mentioned are true they are not doinmg their jobs or we are paying them for nothing.

The 3 of them , collectively or singularly, which ever it is seem incapable of changing the course of a game when we go behind in such a manner as yesterday. They changed to a diamond fiormation and this made the situation worse.

If you were the manager what would you have done? given that the whole team were having stinkers yesterday!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You haven't talked to them about it. You haven't asked them. You aren't privvy to their conversations. You don't know how much input there is from each person. You don't know how much of that is taken on board by the manager. You don't now about their professional relationships. You don't even know who is repsonsible for what.

You're basing your opinion on what you think you see. Point is - you just don't know.

Um, hello? How many times have we gone behind early doors, had to change it around mid-game and put on a better performance because of it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The worst part of Saturday's game was that it was my daughter's first match. Amazingly, it didn't put her off and wants to come again "Brighton might win next time," she said.

By a strange coincidence, my first game at the Goldstone was a 3-2 defeat too - I should have put money on that.

Oh, and there was a shameful performance from Lord B who GUARANTEED my daughter that Brighton would win. It goes to show that even his Lordship is wrong sometimes.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
What made Saturday's performance particularly bad was that we were in an excellent position in the league and had the two good away matches behind us. OK there is an element of tiredness but why can't they semingly be more 'up' for a game like this? The Stoke game in May 06 was played in a completely different context- as has been pointed out.

My reaction was eaxctly the same as Tom Harks...if they don't care etc...

It's quite resonable to ask whether the managment team are up to it-what exactly is their track record? In a few years time we'll be a potential Championship club (as in competing there year-on-year) and ALL levels of the club will need to be at that standard.

Anyway that's me done. Have a good Monday everyone!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course they care.

And of course the management team are up to it. Or didn't wins against Walsall and Doncaster, and holding our own against Forest and Leeds count in the final analysis?

What has come across over the past couple days on here is that most people see the game as an abberration - I'm not going to use the word 'blip', it's rubbish - and one of those times where you think 'where the f*** did that performance come from'?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Will soemone please show some evidence as to why Dean White deserves the abolsutely disgusting vitriolic he gets here on NSC from our 'so-called' fans. As far as I am concerned he is a vital part of a team who've taken this club from mid to low level League One to challenging for the Championshio. That in itself is an achievement of which he should be proud.

As far as I am concerned when things go a little diffrerent to plan these people look for a soft target who can't defend themselves.

Show some evidence or shut up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here