Most scared you've ever been watching a film.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The Descent. Watched it on DVD last year. The combination of claustrophobia and scary foes did it for me. Truly scary movie.

Great film. There's a moment in it when a womans screaming for help and one of the creatures comes up behind her and with a flash of light you see it's face right up next to her. Truly scary moment.

HoveSeagull

Oct 14, 2011
Hove, surprisingly
My kids took me to see Insidious last year, that is really creepy.
When I was a kid there are loads, but it has to be The Amityville horror (not the remake): When the house tells the priest to get out after trying a cleansing...
.....oh and as said before here, Ring (the Japanese version), when the 'girl' crawls out of the tv, real brown trouser moment.
:eek:

Last edited:

Gafones

Jul 28, 2009
Brighton
rec.jpg rec2.jpg

First half of Rec.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not a movie I know but I went in a tiny little Haunted House in Tokyo once with a mate. I have honestly never been so scared in all my life. Like being in ring/grudge, with a horrible little ghost child following around this horrible creepy shack. Never sworn so loudly in all my life.

Before you went in there was a list of rules, one being 'Don't punch the ghost'. We laughed....until we were inside. On a couple of occasions I instinctively went to hit it.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
another shout for insidious . you dont really get scared of films as you get older but that was one of the scariest films ive seen in a good few years. for those that have seen it ..... the bit where barbera hershey is making a long speech then that red devil thing appears behind the bloke she is speaking too. jumped so much at that bit it was funny

May 17, 2011
1066 country
jaws , the bit when the head falls out the boat ,didnt have a bath for weeks let alone swim in the sea

This, I'll never forget the 1st time i saw this i was 8 yrs old in Rye cinema,(no longer there) with my dad,and i jumped so high i ended up sitting on his lap. I loved the sea until then and i never went back into the sea until 2 yrs ago. That film should have been an 18. :eek:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
1 - the shining - felt a bad presence in the room and then saw a pen roll along a shelf all on its own.

2 - jacobs ladder on a come down.

3 - forgot the name but film up north about spiking some lads trips and murdering them.

audition, salems lot, and the one where the bird comes out the tv (ring) - that scene did it for me.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
3 - forgot the name but film up north about spiking some lads trips and murdering them.

This film is "Dead Man's Shoes" Quality British film

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Got seriously freeked out by "The hills have eyes" - I think what done it was that it could so really be true. All these make up monsters don't do it for me - except the cybermen [Dr Who] when I was 6/7 - the only time I had to hide behind the sofa !!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Still one of my favourites, and I can recall watching this for the first time when I was 12, on a large screen with surround sound, and literally being paralysed with fear for a good 10 minutes after this scene in particular:

Can anyone beat that?

.........i would. both of them...

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Having just watched that clip again, when it cuts to little Danny, is it just me or does he look like he's wanking furiously? How inappropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports