Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most obscure or strange sport witnessed.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Kabaddi has got to be up there.

I saw a demonstration of it years ago in London, to this day I have not the faintest idea what it was all about.

When I was at school there was an Indian supply teacher who taught us to play it. I found it really boring but others seemed to enjoy it. I can't remember the rules though.

There was a game that a Spanish teacher taught us that I really liked but I can't remember what it was called. There were two teams that stood on their own line about 30ft from each other. Each person on each team was assigned a number. The referee stood in the middle of them holding a scarf. The referee would then call out a number and the one person on each team with that number would run to get the scarf being held out in the middle. If someone trod over the line in the middle before the scarf was grabbed then they are out. When the person got the scarf they had to run back to their own line with it and the person who didn't get it had to chase them. If they didn't touch them them they were out of the game. If they did touch them the person with the scarf was out. The team who loses all their players loses and the team who doesn't wins. Does anyone know what this game is called?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Kabaddi has got to be up there.

I saw a demonstration of it years ago in London, to this day I have not the faintest idea what it was all about.

This, it's the whole holding your breath thing that gets me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chess boxing must be up there.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
curling. come on, admit it, its pretty damn strange game which has no obvious link to any skill you would require outside of the sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here