Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most famous person you have met, shook hands with and a chat

superpaw

Oct 18, 2008
Jimmy Hill - Asked him if he could bring back something from World Cup 98, where he was doing BBC punditry, for our local hospice charity auction. All we got was his signature on a single sheet of pink A4 paper which was the running order for one of the broadcasts, which said something like: Intro - Des, Alan, Mark & Jimmy. First Half. Half time - Des, Alan, Mark & Jimmy. Second half. Post match analysis - Des, Alan, Mark & Jimmy. Not even an autograph from Des, Alan & Mark!
Dame Vera Lynn - Regular customer where I used to work. Always had time for a chat with anyone.
Harry H Corbett - Stopped at our farm shop beside the A23 when I was a kid as he needed to use the loo. So to did the driver of a car containing Lena Zavaroni, but only got to see her through the car window.
Little & Large - Sat on the table next to them at breakfast for a week when I was on holiday in Torquay as a kid in the late 70's.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Damon Hill (did some work for him a few years ago)

Peter Ward

Apart from a few other footballers, that's about it.

Edit:
Oh, and Bear Grylls
BearGrylls.jpg

Last edited:

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Nick Cave. Sat chatting under a tree on Rottingdean green at the summer fayre about 5 years ago. Nice.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
nigel mansell,the day before he won the australian grand prix in adelaide 1994

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I've met Bill Bryson at a book signing but then again so did several 100 other people so that really isn't a properly random event.

And I know I've mentioned it before but 'Changing Rooms' designer Oliver Heath waaaaaay before he became famous for anything ( he was 7 or 8 and I must have been around 11 ) !

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Stormin Norman Schwarschoff, served in first Gulf War and met him. Funny story, well I think, the Spams had Steve martin and Madonna as entertainment to cheer up the troops, who the f did John Major pathetic tory government send to Dharhan none other than Bob Carrolges minu spit the dog ......heady days

that made me lol....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would have to nominate 2

Tony Blair - leaving All Saints Church at the corner of Eaton Road and The drive. I was with my son on our way to our Glorious 1st Championship win and as we were passing he emerged from the church. Thought I'd try my luck and asked him to sign my sons cricket bat. He waved us over, flashbulbs going mental. The embarrassing thing the next day the photo in the papers showed me but only the top of the head of my son. One thing I did notice was the amount of security who were tooled to the hilt...

Sean Connery - Met him in the antique shop which was on the corner of Church road (opposite 2nd Avenue), now a cafe/restaurant. A most pleasant gentleman and took time for photo's etc

Over to you

* can I please state that I'm not a stalker

My Tony is Tony BLOM, met him outside Grifin Park three seasons ago, shok hands and explained although I wasx not an Albion fan, I appreciated what he was doing for the community.
And in May 2010 I offered a pack of broken biscuits to..Chris Huhne..:rolleyes:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Damon Hill (did some work for him a few years ago)

Peter Ward

Apart from a few other footballers, that's about it.

Edit:
Oh, and Bear Grylls
View attachment 29988

What's Damon like, I'm distantly related to him.

His father's cousin maried my mother's cousin.

I asked him to raise some funds for St Johns Ambulance once his "support team" sent me a few photos and stickers. Not much help really.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Well apart from the family and BHA players past and present I think the first person I met who I realised had fame far and wide was Santa or was that really dad? As a child i came across a bloody noisy band who were practising near home one day... whatever became of the ' Rolling Stones' ? Next I recall a school trip to the houses of parliament when a rather nice gent came over and introduced himself ' Jim Callaghan' this was well before he became PM. Our paths also crossed later in life, he was on a personal level outstanding, but just too nice to be PM. It is odd how people of fame just cross your life. One day was on my motorbike, racing past Nymans At Handcross when this old gent stepped out in front of me. I just managed to miss him. We were both shocked from the incident and I all the more so when I realised he was ' Lord Mountbatten of Burma' . It could have been me who ended his days then rather than the IRA a while later....phew! The more I write the more I realise I could go on and on so instead let me conclude...EVERY SINGLE SEAGULL FAN IS FAMOUS FOR BEING A SEAGULL FAN!!!:clap:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here