Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive SINGLE drink you've bought...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I paid £4.15 for a f***ing VK in Oceana last night..

vkblue.jpg

I know, I'm a girl drinking a girls drink in a girls club... and many of you will have spent more on a drink I don't doubt. But as far as value for money goes (it is a VK for christ sake)... this is easily the most gut wrenching beverage purchase of my life...

Anyone beat that??

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I've spent £4.50 on a bottle of beer in a club in Covent Garden once. Was even more annoyed because I then realised that certain beers were on offer for £2, I just didn't read properly and picked the first one I fancied!

Not sure if the title meant single drink as in, just one drink, or that doubles don't count. I spent £8.50 on a double JD and coke in a club once as well - that was a real kick in the teeth.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Paid £8.50 for a JD (single) & coke at some bar in Soho once which did not make me happy.

Also I got stuck on a bus once with some twat who been to what he'd described as 'some up-and-coming' place in London where (he claimed) the cheapest thing on the menu was a bottle of vodka and 2 glasses of coke. For £150! Why would anyone pay that much?! He was just a student at uni, riding home on the megabus so it wasn't even as if he was loaded.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can see this thread heading X-rated at a rapid rate of knots. I remember this time in Berlin when a mate of mine...no, it's just too early.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dont think thats bad,i pay 3.90 for a bulmers in a certain pub in lancing,and i havent got the club experiance or the eye candy to look at lol

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
25 Euros for a JD and coke in Pacha, was about £18 at the time a couple of years ago. 10 Euros for a 200ml bottle of water is pretty steep as well, hence why I'm giving Ibiza a miss this year.

My mate once bought half a pint of Bacardi for £20 in the zap :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ibiza is crazy indeed. I paid about 8 quid for a bottle of san miguel in space last year.

I paid £4.15 for a f***ing VK in Oceana last night..

vkblue.jpg

I know, I'm a girl drinking a girls drink in a girls club... and many of you will have spent more on a drink I don't doubt. But as far as value for money goes (it is a VK for christ sake)... this is easily the most gut wrenching beverage purchase of my life...

Anyone beat that??

That's the cheapest drink in there on a Saturday too...

I think most places charge £7/£8 for a vodka red bull these days, it's sickening. All the talk of recession yet every time I go clubbing everywhere's packed, all the time there's mugs willing to pay those kind of prices, they'll keep charging it.

God I'm getting old...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Just under 17 euros for a double vodka and coke in Manumission, Ibiza. Back in 2003. Needless to say, I stayed sober that night.
i was in ibiza the same year i'm pretty sure a bottle of water in pacha was over 5 euros! The most i remember spending on a drink there was about 13 euros on a brandy and coke.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2852897 said:
That's the cheapest drink in there on a Saturday too...

I think most places charge £7/£8 for a vodka red bull these days, it's sickening. All the talk of recession yet every time I go clubbing everywhere's packed, all the time there's mugs willing to pay those kind of prices, they'll keep charging it.

God I'm getting old...

You should just do it the student way - drink lots before you get in and then stay on tap water in the club!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
A friend of mine once paid £16 for a pint of lager in a hotel in Monaco.

For myself i seem to remember paying about £8 for a bottle of water in Ibiza back in 1998.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here