Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most embarrasing thing at a football match

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Most embarrasing moment at a football match

Whats the most embarrasing thing thats ever happened to u at a football match? mine would have to be falling over when going through the turnstiles a few seasons ago flat on my face in front of everyone.

Another time would be when we played at Gillingham and my mum decided to sit on her personal alarm sending out a high pitched wail to a quietish crowd and spend what felt like a lifetime trying to get the bloody thing to stop. Great memories

:blush:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
tripping over my jeans , and sliding down a few steps at withdean :(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Shitting myself when i was a kid although i was rushed straight to the hospital from the game with crippling stomach pains!

In recent times it would have to be slipping on my arse and sliding down the D Block steps on a cold wet day.

:lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ooops sorry - didn't catch the 'happened to u' bit. :jester:

I guess trying to run away from the big Tottenham boys, who were singing "Hit 'em on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat" in the North Stand... only for my dear old Dad to grab me by the arm and start telling everyone around us to stop being so stupid! :blush:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Losing both my stylish slip-on shoes at Selhurst Park when we scored and I got bundled over a stanchion circa '85. The shoes were then thrown in the air to loud cheers for what seemed like forever.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lush said:
Arriving in the carpark at Swindon behind the NSC Minibus and being greeted with a chorus of "get your tits out for the lads."

I thought alcohol wasn't allowed on minibusses.

:angry: :lolol:

Did you get them out though ?
:)

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Being about 10 with my Dad in the East when some Pompey (I think) threw a blow-up doll over the fence that hit my Dad, who happens to be an extremely staunch Catholic.

He went nuts when I asked him what it was - I was only a 10 year old innocent altar boy, after all! :angel:

The most embarrassing thing I've EVER seen happen to anyone at a football match was Denis Law back-heeling the ball into the ManUre net to send them down into the Second Division.

:clap2: :clap2:

My most embarrassing moment? Like a lot of Albion supporters, the last time we played at Selhurst.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
This happened to my brother rather than me, but...

We were standing waiting for kickoff at Gay Meadow a couple of seasons ago, when a squirrel fell from a tree, slipped down the stand roof and landed on my brother's head. It proceeded to sit there looking surprised for about 10 seconds, with its tail hanging down his back like a Davy Crockett hat, before jumping down and running off through the crowd.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Staly said:

We were standing waiting for kickoff at Gay Meadow a couple of seasons ago, when a squirrel fell from a tree, slipped down the stand roof and landed on my brother's head. It proceeded to sit there looking surprised for about 10 seconds, with its tail hanging down his back like a Davy Crockett hat, before jumping down and running off through the crowd.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
That is, by far, the funniest thing I've read today.

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Staly said:

:lolol: :lolol: Thats hilarious!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:ohmy: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fulham at home in whatever the LDV thing was called at the time in front of 600 odd fans. Golden goal free kick rifled into the bottom corner, North stand goes loopy and i manage to smack my head on the concrete leaning thing and proceed to stand in a daze for the next 5 minutes.

That well HURT.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
excellent Sue, this is EXACTLY the type of absolute bollocks i was asking you to post to get that post count above mine.

Good girl.

oh, and the one about your mum's personal alarm is brilliant!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tottenham v Brighton 1978 ish New Years day White Hart Lane

I was sat opposite the shelf with Mrs Dave the Gaffer....no Brighton fans in there at all...paul Clarke had a shot that wizzed over the bar...I leapt up in the air, fell forward and landed on this woman and knocked her tea all over the bloke in front who was blind.

Didn't half hurt my shin!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here