Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I know nothing about fishing.
I have never been fishing.
I have no intention of ever going fishing.

But half an hour spent in the gentle and genuine company of these two going fishing is one of the most pleasant and engaging 30 minutes of the week. Compelling TV doesn't always need an army or writers, production crews, special effects and plot twists. Just two genuinely warm people with a natural chemistry who enjoy each other's company and a shared passion can be enough.

Sums up my thoughts on the program too, it’s just beautiful tv showing the genuine friendship between the two of them.

Mitch73

Sep 2, 2021
Always worth checking out his appearances on Would I Lie To You. Some fantastic stories - Damon Hill's lucky scotch egg, home dentistry and Chris Rea's eggs are three that come to mind

The Chris Rea egg-in-a-bath story is one of the great bits of modern TV.
And the reaction of David Mitchell afterwards makes it even better. Superb.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is a superb piece of TV and awaaaaaay

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perfect for Sunday evening. Or any evening. I really lose myself in this program. Not much to add to the good stuff others have said. Good innit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate most of you aren't going to approve, but you have to understand this is pretty much the BIGGEST compliment I can pay the series:-

'It's just Detectorists without the detector', isn't it?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always feel a little sad when I watch that that I’m not there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The average weight of Tench in that lake was very high, there must have been loads of anglers wishing they could have a cast and because it is rarely fished I wouldn't have thought they were too tricky to catch, shame they did not catch a Bream though as I would have thought that they are this big ( stretching my arms out as wide as I can) it was probably because there was a big head of Tench.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The average weight of Tench in that lake was very high, there must have been loads of anglers wishing they could have a cast and because it is rarely fished I wouldn't have thought they were too tricky to catch, shame they did not catch a Bream though as I would have thought that they are this big ( stretching my arms out as wide as I can) it was probably because there was a big head of Tench.

I’m having a crack at the bream tomorrow too………I hope no 7 or 8lb tench get in the way and RUIN my day :eek::)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have they gone Perch Fishing? Aggressive little buggers, there was a 'Perch Pond' that I fished oop north when I were a lad, even one pounders were a proper scrap.

They make good eating as well, as I found out many years later in a Restaurant on the Swiss side of Lake Geneva.
Great meal followed by an electrical storm of Biblical proportions - literally lit up the Lake for about two hours

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Late to the joys of this programme, but have watched the last couple & loved it. Big fan of both of them from their comedy days - not so much of fishing - but this is just the perfect way to end an evening.

Love it when Bob starts giggling / celebrating like a kid whenever a fish hooks itself, or he does something that surprises even himself!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Am i the only one, who thinks the format is a little tired now...

I watched the first couple of series and found it ok. But haven't watched since, largely because
it's something I'd do if I had nothing else on. Not that I'm Mr Popular, I just have too much work and
stuff on at the moment and I struggle to watch the stuff I'm really keen on as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here