Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Laying in my hammock in the back garden, (off mile oak road) watching the wisps of cloud float by, I was shaken from my revelry by a 4 prop passenger plane flying low overhead in the direction of Shoreham. Was it my imagination or did I really see a pair of football boots dangling by the laces from the firmly closed door?

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
First comment - Really funny

Second Comment - I am not amused
Yeah its similar to morocco fans and southampton. They kept spamming their pages saying that they need to play Boufal or they'll get relegated. This sort culture and behaviour online is pretty embarassing and sorry in advance if this (god forbid) happens with alireza.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Kayser Soze

Jul 27, 2018
Will take it with a pinch of salt.

Even ESPN, the biggest sports site in the US has shared the possibility on their Live Transfer Talk page (though they did properly provide The Mail as the source).

"Brighton are set to continue their fine summer of recruitment by landing Ecuador starlet Billy Arce and Iranian centre-back Morteza Pouraliganji. The Mail claims the 20-year-old Arce will join from Independiente Del Valle and pen a four-year deal before heading out on loan to a Albacete. Pouraliganji, 26, is available for nothing after his contract with Qatari side Al-Sadd expired on July 1."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/tra...e-jerome-boateng-chance-as-psg-interest-cools

Jul 25, 2018
Even ESPN, the biggest sports site in the US has shared the possibility on their Live Transfer Talk page (though they did properly provide The Mail as the source).

"Brighton are set to continue their fine summer of recruitment by landing Ecuador starlet Billy Arce and Iranian centre-back Morteza Pouraliganji. The Mail claims the 20-year-old Arce will join from Independiente Del Valle and pen a four-year deal before heading out on loan to a Albacete. Pouraliganji, 26, is available for nothing after his contract with Qatari side Al-Sadd expired on July 1."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/tra...e-jerome-boateng-chance-as-psg-interest-cools

Would be interesting if it goes through, two things to point out.

(1) Technically he is a bargain considering that he is free that should be enough to convince Brighton pursuing him as a solid CD backup, although he will challenge the existing CD pair. Competition is always good.

(2) He hasnt played in Europe, therefore a straight transfer to the UK considering he is Iranian and all the work permit issues might be off-putting. It's completely different to AJ in that sense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The unconfirmed news that Liam Moore has handed in a transfer request at Tinpot FC, plus he's confirmed NOT in squad for their game with Mr Tumble's mob suggests the pendulum is swinging back to Mr Moore..

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Obviously biased because i'm Iranian, but he is the real deal. One of the most reliable and intelligent center backs for us, and our team was known for its strong defense. Starting him in the world cup was a no-brainer and he impressed a number of pundits. The icing on the cake? He is a free pickup, and has the same agent as Jahanbaksh. Would definitely add some great depth to Brighton's back line.

How comes he is on a free, and would he also be unavailable for sometime?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The unconfirmed news that Liam Moore has handed in a transfer request at Tinpot FC, plus he's confirmed NOT in squad for their game with Mr Tumble's mob suggests the pendulum is swinging back to Mr Moore..

Shame, but we do need HGP’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Free' is definitely a misnomer, as he will probably demand a hefty signing-on fee...
I wouldn't be so sure.
I can't see a player, currently in Qatar, ruling himself out of a 'dream move to the Premier League' because the signing on fee isn't to his liking.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

(1) Technically he is a bargain considering that he is free that should be enough to convince Brighton pursuing him as a solid CD backup, although he will challenge the existing CD pair. Competition is always good.

(2) He hasnt played in Europe, therefore a straight transfer to the UK considering he is Iranian and all the work permit issues might be off-putting. It's completely different to AJ in that sense.
In respect of (2), we have just signed Percy Tau who will need to play in Europe for a year before he can get a work permit for us, so the club are very prepared to do this.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

How often does he play for the national team? Because given Iran is ranked higher than 50, 37th I think, if he's playing over 75% of the games then doesn't he automatically qualify for a permit?

Arshia42

Jul 24, 2018
How often does he play for the national team? Because given Iran is ranked higher than 50, 37th I think, if he's playing over 75% of the games then doesn't he automatically qualify for a permit?

He starts every game, first name on the team sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here