Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mornington Crescent

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As there is a new interpretation of the 1794 convention I shall be slightly controversial and go: Green Park.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
That's barely legal, but as you're upping the ante let's engage Magoffin's Slalom and head up to Highbury & Islington

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't be done on a first move unfortunately (for you)

Horizontal play is only permissible when a pursuant has been Huffed, and main line stations are wild. By calling Mornington Crescent first turn, you are placed in nid and are tied to walking backwards until Carrol's 3rd variation becomes live.

East Ham

Rubbish, it was a standard truddle. Blame the person who said Cockfosters.

Anyway, by all means carry on and see who comes second!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Rubbish, it was a standard truddle. Blame the person who said Cockfosters.

Anyway, by all means carry on and see who comes second!

I beg to differ, to be a standard truddle someone would have had to call trumpingtons 2nd protocol, which I think you will find, they have not.

So we move on with Blackfriars

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Applying the Hockenheim Convention (1974 amendment) its about time someone played Temple

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
I'm going to take a slight risk and play Gallions Reach

Novel. As we're venturing into the wild of DLR, I shall go all coy and simpering and propose the delightfully monikered Mudchute

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
A pair of 'Rotter's you two going DLR. More of an East Acton man myself.

Aha, after reviewing the Rulebook (Revised Version 2013, Section 5, paras 13 and 14, subsections I and ii), by calling East Acton at the end of one month and invoking the New Month Dormant Provision, I believe I have an unobstructed Mungo Jerry to Mornington Crescent.

Hawaii 1 Rest of World 0 (AET)

:goal:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
But subsection i and ii do not cover those players in a different time zone due to the confusion on any timetable. Paragraphs 7,8 and 11; yes. maybe even the WHOLE of section 6 but not 5.13 and 5.14. So if your wanting to do a mungo from East Acton doesn't that actually put you at the start of any basic second phase recycle; Victoria?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
But subsection i and ii do not cover those players in a different time zone due to the confusion on any timetable. Paragraphs 7,8 and 11; yes. maybe even the WHOLE of section 6 but not 5.13 and 5.14. So if your wanting to do a mungo from East Acton doesn't that actually put you at the start of any basic second phase recycle; Victoria?

I think you are working from an out of date book.
This rule was replaced.
Try the online edition and I think you will see what I mean.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

I think you are working from an out of date book.
This rule was replaced.
Try the online edition and I think you will see what I mean.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
My Uncle swears he was present at the 1936 World Fungular Convention held in Gdansk over three weeks and he says that the only move permissible at this stage in the game is Fairlop.

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
My Uncle swears he was present at the 1936 World Fungular Convention held in Gdansk over three weeks and he says that the only move permissible at this stage in the game is Fairlop.

Wasn't that the breakaway Eastern Bloc controversy? Not sure rulings from that particular bunfight are considered applicable in these more enlightened times.

On that basis, Wood Green.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Pretty sure he meant the Smolensk Convention which was nullified due to the mess left in the Grand Moderator's dressing room. I shall stick to Barber's Strategem and go:

Marble Arch.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure he meant the Smolensk Convention which was nullified due to the mess left in the Grand Moderator's dressing room. I shall stick to Barber's Strategem and go:

Marble Arch.

Barbers Strategem was discredited in papers found in the ruins of Professor Augustus Suspoy's laboratory on the outskirts of Sao Paolo in 57. However, to continue on a vaguely anal theme, Chalfont & Latimer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here