Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Morning all! Favourite quotes.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"I never comment on referees, and I'm certainly not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"I never comment on referees, and I'm certainly not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson
Another classic from Big Ron occurred when one of his players was concussed in a collision with another player... The trainer said " Boss....he doesn't know who he is.... " Big Ron..... " Well, tell him he's Franz Beckenbauer and get him back on! "

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
hB529CBE0

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If Margaret Thatcher is re-elected as prime minister on Thursday, I warn you.

I warn you that you will have pain–when healing and relief depend upon payment.

I warn you that you will have ignorance–when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right.

I warn you that you will have poverty–when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can’t pay.

I warn you that you will be cold–when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don’t notice and the poor can’t afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work–when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don’t earn, they don’t spend. When they don’t spend, work dies.

I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light.

I warn you that you will be quiet–when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient.

I warn you that you will have defence of a sort–with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding.

I warn you that you will be home-bound–when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up.

I warn you that you will borrow less–when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If Margaret Thatcher wins on Thursday–

– I warn you not to be ordinary

– I warn you not to be young

– I warn you not to fall ill

– I warn you not to get old.

Neil Kinnock 1983

Kinnock and his missus did well on the EU gravy train, didn't they?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
"No, I wanna ask you a question. When you came pulling him here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said Dead N****r Storage?", from the greatest film ever made.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Garbage in, garbage out

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

If you don't change anything, don't expect anything to change.

Better to be late in this life than early in the next.

You pays for your learning

More haste, less speed

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Listen here you ****ing fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your ****ing jacobs off.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
One for the ex-matelot's on here, of which there seem plenty. Early 80's on-board HMS Invincible, one of the lads brought a Jenny Wren on for a visit. (yes we had polite names for them before they became sea-going).
The killick of the mess came in the rec space as this lad brought his girlfriend in and announced, "Language lads, there's c**t in the mess".

Other faves from those days:
When they said brains you thought they said trains & you missed the last one.
When they said ears you thought they said beers & asked for 2 large ones.
I'm just taking my arse for a piss.
I can't get up yet, I'm harder than a Chinese O level.
I've got an arse like a tar layers nozzle.
She had a **** like an SLR exit wound.

Many many more.

It's an RN thing

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
"Money don't make my world go round

I'm reaching out to a higher ground"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Money talks, and that's no lie, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
" if only the Devil would cast his net "
From the caretaker at Patcham Fawcett school, to one of my mates that had really got on his nerves.

Never heard anyone else use that but it made me laugh that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here