morgan goes with immediate effect

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good news finally

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Good riddance to Piers Morgan. He has directly and indirectly created even more British deaths in Iraq in a shabby short term attempt to sell copies of his newspaper.

Shameful.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Is it just me, or does everyone read these kind of headlines - on BBC site or on NSC and your first thought is that it refers to an Albion player or ex-Albion player?

EG
Morgan sacked
Robinson joins Spurs
Lewis forced to re-think

I think I spend too much time thinking about the Albion...
:nono:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
no its not just u i do exactly the same lush

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Smart Mart said:
Good riddance to Piers Morgan. He has directly and indirectly created even more British deaths in Iraq in a shabby short term attempt to sell copies of his newspaper.

Shameful.
Quite right. Well said.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lush said:
Is it just me, or does everyone read these kind of headlines - on BBC site or on NSC and your first thought is that it refers to an Albion player or ex-Albion player?

EG
Morgan sacked
Robinson joins Spurs
Lewis forced to re-think

I think I spend too much time thinking about the Albion...
:nono:
Miserable moaners like me reckon that there is too much non-Albion stuff on this site. Yes I thought this would be about Simon Morgan rather than that poncey, Arsenal supporting hack.

Smart Mart said:

So Morgan "has created even more British deaths in Iraq".

As you're so smart, Mart, I'm hoping you might be able to tell me how many deaths the faked pictures published two weeks ago have created. Have a rough guess.

The perhaps you can give me a guess about how many British deaths in Iraq have been caused by illegally occupying a country against the wishes of the majority of its population.

And how many, do you think, by the huge numbers of reports of abuse of Iraqis by British soldiers? Reports like this one that will appear tomorrow: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=302789&in_page_id=1811

Your moral clarity on this issue is eagerly awaited.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A don;t think he's done too bad with a big fat pay off from the Mirror and his smugness intact. Far better than the squaddie in Iraq who are holding up the fake photos printed in the mirror and promising death to them.

A well placed rifle butt thrust into his testicles would be more appropriate. :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :shit:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
London Irish said:
So Morgan "has created even more British deaths in Iraq".

As you're so smart, Mart, I'm hoping you might be able to tell me how many deaths the faked pictures published two weeks ago have created. Have a rough guess.

The perhaps you can give me a guess about how many British deaths in Iraq have been caused by illegally occupying a country against the wishes of the majority of its population.

And how many, do you think, by the huge numbers of reports of abuse of Iraqis by British soldiers? Reports like this one that will appear tomorrow: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=302789&in_page_id=1811

Your moral clarity on this issue is eagerly awaited.

Only just seen this after the excitement of Swindon, so apologies for the delay, but here goes....

Nick Berg was decapitated directly because Americans soldiers tortured Iraqui prisoners. It is therfore only a matter of time before the same or similar happens to British soldiers or civilians captured out there. The fact the Mirrror pictures were doctored is not really going to make much difference in what is an inflamed situation.

I think Piers Morgan knew exactly what he was doing when he published and knew the authenticity (or lack of) of the photos, but nevertheless thought 'f*** it', its going to sell more of my paper....

and obviously the Mirrors management and shareholders ultimately reached the very same conclusion

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I thought this was a thread about Moggy leaving his Missus so he can get to Cardiff:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I think Piers Morgan knew exactly what he was doing when he published and knew the authenticity (or lack of) of the photos, but nevertheless thought 'f*** it', its going to sell more of my paper....[/B][/QUOTE]

Have very little time for the smug Gooner dilettante, but really doubt that. Maybe let his heart rule his head for too long, but reckon he really did believe in his scoop - just tried to push an important story that bit fatally too far.

So the answer is Mart, no British deaths. By all means criticise Morgan's fallabilities in not checking out the pictures properly, but it is a tad ironic to "do a Piers" and make up stuff to increase the gravity of his crimes.

Of course in this illegal invasion created by FAKE statemen acting on FAKED intelligence, quite a few British soldiers have died (and many thousands of Iraqis, but they're not important I know). I was trying to get a handle on your moral outrage on this but, alas, I cannot see it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the murmurings about B.Liar's imminent 'stepping down' may have more than a tad to do with the Mirror fake photos affair. When the truth about whichever agency set up the Mirror finally comes to light, there'll be no way back for whoever ordered it. Like other prominent figures who questioned the legality and morality of the Iraqi invasion, from George Galloway MP to Massive Attack's Robert Del Naja to the Chairman of the BBC, the payback was always in the post. And - oh look! - today's news reports bring word that 'a small amount of the nerve gas sarin has exploded in Iraq, the US military said'. Well they would say that, wouldn't they... :salute:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
London Irish said:
So the answer is Mart, no British deaths. By all means criticise Morgan's fallabilities in not checking out the pictures properly, but it is a tad ironic to "do a Piers" and make up stuff to increase the gravity of his crimes.

Of course in this illegal invasion created by FAKE statemen acting on FAKED intelligence, quite a few British soldiers have died (and many thousands of Iraqis, but they're not important I know). I was trying to get a handle on your moral outrage on this but, alas, I cannot see it.

My only moral outrage is that it is now the tabloids that seem to set our political agenda. Want to know the date of the general election - ask the Sun....want an anti-war story - ask the Mirror. Instead of reporting the news, they are making it...

Tell you what LI , there may not be any directly atributable british deaths at the moment because of these photos, but *when* they do happen, I'll come back and remind you....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here