Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Listed my pair on the exchange for West Ham as can’t make it and they’ve gone within hours.

I assumed they would struggle sell due to the train issues
Same as that.
Just don’t want the hassle of waiting hours after the game, so listed and sold more or less straight away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think I may have spotted a gap in the matchday transport market...

beer-bike-4.jpg

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
So will buses be running outside the stadium? Surely it will be absolute pandemonium for all those thousands of people getting on such few buses into Brighton from The Amex.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put my single up on the exhange for WHU and no takers yet. Take it! You buncha non-takers!
I put junior's ticket as a single on the exchange a couple of days before Luton and it sold within hours. The random that bought it wasn't there for the second half (presumably had mates elsewhere, or I smell)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So will buses be running outside the stadium? Surely it will be absolute pandemonium for all those thousands of people getting on such few buses into Brighton from The Amex.

Previously the club have laid on extra park and ride sites and got more parking spaces from the Uni when there have been no trains running.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Listed my pair on the exchange for West Ham as can’t make it and they’ve gone within hours.

I assumed they would struggle sell due to the train issues
There'll be a loaf of people who will have no idea about the train issues until some time next week when they start making plans for the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll make a decision on it next week for the WHU game. If its still a travel shitshow, then some cashback and a barstool is mightily tempting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll make a decision on it next week for the WHU game. If its still a travel shitshow, then some cashback and a barstool is mightily tempting.
Given up on nagging you now about the benefits of the 49 bus. It even goes to where you want to end up.

Some people just won't help themselves :shrug:

You reported some stupidly long walk last Saturday. I bailed out of that crap train queue when it was obvious it was going nowhere anytime soon. Walked 15 minutes to 49 bus stop. Bus was half empty. I had a choice of double seats. About 15 minutes later I was in the middle of town. Why not educate yourself and maybe save yourself a whole world of avoidable pain :dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given up on nagging you now about the benefits of the 49 bus. It even goes to where you want to end up.

You reported some stupidly long walk last Saturday. I bailed out of that crap train queue when it was obvious it was going nowhere anytime soon. Walked 15 minutes to 49 bus stop. Bus was half empty. I had a choice of double seats. About 15 minutes later I was in the middle of town. Why not educate yourself and maybe save yourself a whole world of avoidable pain :dunce:
All well and good, but a bus - there and back - takes an ALMIGHTY chunk out of the day. It takes long enough to get there just from the Steine on a bus, let alone from Portslade. And with the trains out of action for WHU, that sounds like a whole lot more fun dunnit. I just cannot be arsed with the transport mission any more tbh.

As for last Saturday, I had no idea and no intention of trying to get a bus back when I set out after the game, so the 49 wasn't really on my radar. The buses all looked f*cked. But I'll download the Mystic Meg app just in case for next time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All well and good, but a bus - there and back - takes an ALMIGHTY chunk out of the day. It takes long enough to get there just from the Steine on a bus, let alone from Portslade. And with the trains out of action for WHU, that sounds like a whole lot more fun dunnit. I just cannot be arsed with the transport mission any more tbh.

As for last Saturday, I had no idea and no intention of trying to get a bus back when I set out after the game, so the 49 wasn't really on my radar. The buses all looked f*cked. But I'll download the Mystic Meg app just in case for next time.
Bollocks. The buses did not look f***ed in the slightest. As soon as the train app told me the trains were f***ed due to trespasser on the line, I bailed out of that stupid queue, switched on the B&H buses app, checjed on next 49 departure, and was on my way vack into town within 15 mins. Even some Luton fans had worked had worked it out as a Plan B by that point. But you carry on. Saves more room for the rest of us :lol: :wave:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I've almost given up on nagging you about the benefits of the Mill Road park n ride, walking to join it.

Park fairly nearby (I don't think it's liked if I say where here?), join the top queue by 1:45 even if rail strikes increase the numbers and you'll have time to get a drink/grub. Then the controversial bit ... leave on 85+ minutes. On Saturday we were home by 5:20, for you 5:30?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've almost given up on nagging you about the benefits of the Mill Road park n ride, walking to join it.

Park fairly nearby (I don't think it's liked if I say where here?), join the top queue by 1:45 even if rail strikes increase the numbers and you'll have time to get a drink/grub. Then the controversial bit ... leave on 85+ minutes. On Saturday we were home by 5:20, for you 5:30?

will you still leave 85 mins even with the added 10 mins ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
will you still leave 85 mins even with the added 10 mins ?

It depends. Typically if 6 minutes were given, we would leave on say 93. We jog round to the park n ride, overtaking the masses, which makes a difference.

At 3-1 on Saturday against a poor team, I knew we'd won.

I've zero interest in boozing from a plastic beaker and I find standing for 60-90 minutes in a queue incredibly boring.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022

Shhhh - people aren’t supposed to know about the 49. Let’s keep it that way please.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Whilst I understand why you do this, reading it makes me feel a little bit sad.

Knowing people are sitting there watching the clock so they can make their dash at the appropriate time, are happy to sacrifice witnessing late drama in every game and never get to clap the team and RDZ off means they are missing out on a lot, IMO.

As I say, I understand it - getting to and from the Amex has become a real grind for me, but we just get on with it. It is what it is, as a previous head coach would probably say.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I understand why you do this, reading it makes me feel a little bit sad.

Knowing people are sitting there watching the clock so they can make their dash at the appropriate time, are happy to sacrifice witnessing late drama in every game and never get to clap the team and RDZ off means they are missing out on a lot, IMO.

As I say, I understand it - getting to and from the Amex has become a real grind for me, but we just get on with it. It is what it is, as a previous head coach would probably say.

It’s always been a thing, since Withdean at least. Spoilt geographically there, we always stayed until final whistle as we lived 5 minutes away … but sitting at the end of an aisle in the SS we were buffeted by the hordes leaving early to get back to …. guessing …. Hastings, Littlehampton, Newhaven. Win, lose or draw.

For me now, door to door it’s a 1:30 to 5:15 venture. I just don’t want to add an hour to that, standing in that boring park n ride bus park with crap 4G/WiFi.

I would 100% stay to applaud the players off, if it was followed by just 15 minutes queuing. Never going to happen, with 32,000 leaving a single point in the outskirts of a city with a rubbish train station/line that can only take tiny trains. The Emirates and Wembley have the same issue, vast masses sneak away early to be the first to the train station.

Other urban grounds where everyone can head off 360 post-match in my recent experience are pretty much full until final whistle eg Molyneux, Anfield. I was just a young kid in 30k Goldstone gates, I wonder what people did then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here