[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the problem the rail workers have with their strike action is that the general public are so used to rail services not running or being disrupted, that they simply roll their eyes and carry on with their alternative transport arrangements.

The worker’s uppity bullshit has been going on for well over ten years now. Give a f***.

As for commuters, I imagine the combination of price hikes, appalling service, overtime strikes, national strikes etc that they probably lost all sympathy for the rail workers years ago.

I don’t really care much for the rail workers plight. They’re well paid and many of their jobs are obsolete. Judging by the performance most of them put in at work, I’d rather deal with a touch screen than one of those surly bastards on the trains or in the station.

Drivers, I agree.

I don't have any numbers, but I wonder what trainers cleaners get paid for example?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Drivers, I agree.

I don't have any numbers, but I wonder what trainers cleaners get paid for example?
Not a lot at all,
Indeed.

However those of us who haven't had a payrise since 2021 feel little sympathy for anyone who demands 2 rises of 10% in successive years.
Should the issue not be your employer then?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
What's the racecourse Park and ride like these days ? Don't fancy trying to get on one of the last couple of 29's from the A27 home
As with the trains, it’s a dream getting to the match but a nightmare afterwards unless you leave 5 mins before the end. The buses are overwhelmed by people who aren’t using the P+R but who just want to get away from the stadium quickly. Seems to be allowed but a bit annoying. I’m going to try Seagull Travel I think.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Listed my pair on the exchange for West Ham as can’t make it and they’ve gone within hours.

I assumed they would struggle sell due to the train issues

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Listed my pair on the exchange for West Ham as can’t make it and they’ve gone within hours.

I assumed they would sell due to the train issues
That word 'train' again. Funny how the main selling point for stadium transport planning consent has somehow become its biggest achilles heel. It's all a bit shit really

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, easy along the cycle path if you want the quickest route, it’s less than 4m from The Swan to the prison. I’ve run from Burgess Hill a few times, also about 10.5m
It took me 60 minutes to do the 6 miles by bus on Saturday - and that was the undisrupted way in. It struck me that four years ago I could have ran it quicker :wozza:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It took me 60 minutes to do the 6 miles by bus on Saturday - and that was the undisrupted way in. It struck me that four years ago I could have ran it quicker :wozza:
You can cycle it quicker, today!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Looks like rail timetable will be updated after 19th according to if you search services now for 26th

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Probably been mentioned earlier but Unite have balloted their members at B & H buses for strike action with end of September being suggested as their first round of strikes!!!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Probably been mentioned earlier but Unite have balloted their members at B & H buses for strike action with end of September being suggested as their first round of strikes!!!
If there is no public transport at all i would hope the club would ask for extraordinary circumstances apply and postpone any home match.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Have gone for Seagull travel for both of these games, from Worthing. Used them for a few home games and most of the aways last season, the service is very good.

It does spoil things a bit though, used to always go into Brighton for a few beers before the game, meet my son who lives in Portslade. Have some people from work coming to the West Ham game, so may well just use the coach for the return journey and get a bus over to Brighton earlier in the day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If there is no public transport at all i would hope the club would ask for extraordinary circumstances apply and postpone any home match.
They didn't for the Brentford 8pm Boxing Day game the other year. Or if they did ask, the request wasn't granted. There were about 15,000 souls rattling around inside the Amex

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’ve never known the authorities to agree to a postponement on those grounds. When you think how unconcerned they are with scheduling decisions, I’m pretty certain they’ll go ahead. Might well be fewer away fans.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Palace, twice, last season.
Fair enough. I apologise. Totally forgot that. I guess the extra needle of the fixture must have been a security issue rather than 'too much inconvenience for fans' which never seems to register. We’ve had plenty of other matches take place during strikes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports