Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More train misery (WHU & Newcastle (home games))

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Indeed. You do wonder what they are doing with these repairs, they are never ending. Even the massive upgrade of the signals a few years back has brought no respite.
It constantly needs repairs, it’s ongoing on every part of the network, it doesn’t actually happen THAT much compared to other locations. On the weekend of the Liverpool game it’s only on the Sunday.

Jul 7, 2003
It constantly needs repairs, it’s ongoing on every part of the network, it doesn’t actually happen THAT much compared to other locations. On the weekend of the Liverpool game it’s only on the Sunday.
My comments were meant in jest - well, a little bit!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Indeed. You do wonder what they are doing with these repairs, they are never ending. Even the massive upgrade of the signals a few years back has brought no respite.
Why we need BML2.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
National Rail planner is now showing a 21:10 and a 21:40 service back up to Victoria tomorrow, so the exact same schedule as last weekend

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Is there a kind soul who could please give us a lift back to the centre of Lewes after the NUFC match, from either the Bridge car park, or the Uni car park, or one of the Park & Ride sites? If you’re travelling home eastwards, you could be an absolute hero/heroine, help out some long distance loyal fans, and earn yourself £25 to donate to your chosen charity, or put in your beer kitty, just for dropping us off in Lewes. There are 3 of us, we will be ready to roll from the North Stand right on the final whistle. Please PM me if you can help. Thank you.

[Context: we are 3 long distance fans, for home games we normally drive 30 minutes to Bedford, and get the train down to Brighton. We couldn’t go to WHU because of train strikes, we can’t keep missing games for strikes. So this time I’m driving down, booked a parking space in central Lewes, a few beers in the JHT then bus up the hill to stadium. Post-match, only one way we can get back to the car in Lewes, is if there’s a kind soul out there who wants to earn a few bob. 73 years fanhood between the 3 of us].

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is there a kind soul who could please give us a lift back to the centre of Lewes after the NUFC match, from either the Bridge car park, or the Uni car park, or one of the Park & Ride sites? If you’re travelling home eastwards, you could be an absolute hero/heroine, help out some long distance loyal fans, and earn yourself £25 to donate to your chosen charity, or put in your beer kitty, just for dropping us off in Lewes. There are 3 of us, we will be ready to roll from the North Stand right on the final whistle. Please PM me if you can help. Thank you.

[Context: we are 3 long distance fans, for home games we normally drive 30 minutes to Bedford, and get the train down to Brighton. We couldn’t go to WHU because of train strikes, we can’t keep missing games for strikes. So this time I’m driving down, booked a parking space in central Lewes, a few beers in the JHT then bus up the hill to stadium. Post-match, only one way we can get back to the car in Lewes, is if there’s a kind soul out there who wants to earn a few bob. 73 years fanhood between the 3 of us].
PS: its the same train service as last week and i was back in Lewes (on the train) less than 30 minutes after the final whistle went.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Portslade park and ride was noticeably quieter yesterday, took a lot longer for buses to fill on the way , and we were quite quick back and the car park was emptier than the same time last week

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was good. I’ve enjoyed using this option the last few weeks.
Yep. Had a bit of a wait on the way home as we stayed for some Freed From Desire and a pint and therefore caught the second wave but dead quick once on the bus. Back in time to walk the dog and watch the boxing. Excellent service, please keep.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I was heartened by the posts from @JackAlbion(I think) leading up the game and trusted the timetable. I thought the trains actually worked well and I didn’t need my back-up plan(from another poster) of a coach from Old Steine to Gatwick.
It was a long night at the airport but didn’t care as we’d hammered Geordie Arabia. Will be home in less than 3 hours! It’s a bit like training for Europe!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was heartened by the posts from @JackAlbion(I think) leading up the game and trusted the timetable. I thought the trains actually worked well and I didn’t need my back-up plan(from another poster) of a coach from Old Steine to Gatwick.
It was a long night at the airport but didn’t care as we’d hammered Geordie Arabia. Will be home in less than 3 hours! It’s a bit like training for Europe!
Liking that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here