Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More then Ninety Minute's BHA 95-97

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hi.. thanks.. The answer is no and that's because the club wants to keep their distance from the Goldstone. Ive asked on numerous occasions plus asked if they are interested in exhibiting some images (as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial) but they were not. Perhaps when we arrive at the 25th anniversary they may change their mind..

Are they not your photos in the north stand? There are some from that era on the walls. I always thought they were yours but not included in the book.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Great news Stewart, still have the original book, a fantastic record of the club's darkest hours and still difficult to pick it up without welling up

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Mine is un-numbered.

I bought it from Sportspages bookshop in Charing Cross Road. Possibly the greatest bookshop ever. I was devastated when it closed. Used to spend hours in there, browsing books and reading fanzines.

Thats a good buy! Yes was a great shop. Is there anything similar?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
25 years. Wow! An absolutely fabulous book mate. You must have been incredibly proud of it and I look forward to the updated version.

As much as I love it supporting the Albion these days, back then you really felt part of something and those photos really show why.

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I've begun work on the production of a 25th anniversary More Than Ninety Minutes book for 2022 and going back through the archive. If anyone is interested in following the project's progress please follow me either on http://instagram.com/stewartweir or http://twitter.com/stewartweir

It's going to be a Crowdfunded project that will go live later next year.

I'm going to be feeding through images not used in the last book onto social media. As they say.. watch this space!

This image is of Dick Knight working at his London home on the takeover, early 1997.

View attachment 127870

This is excellent news...I remember travelling with you to an away game (Cardiff) where you discussed the original project with me all those years ago.

Oh and I am in the book, you can see me to the left of the banner during the walk through Mellor en route to Bill Archer's house.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
As much as I love it supporting the Albion these days, back then you really felt part of something and those photos really show why.
I was asked to take part in a survey about supporting the Albion before a match early last season. One question they asked me was "Do you feel part of the Club?"
I answered "No", even though I am, I don't feel involved to the depth I was in those days.
What you say really resonates with me.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
25 years. Wow! An absolutely fabulous book mate. You must have been incredibly proud of it and I look forward to the updated version.

Back then after nearly 100yrs of having the same home everyone knew mostly everyone and the kids grew to know each other as they grew because there were micro communities on the terraces where everyone knew everyone. Growing up I stood in the North then as then got older went to the east, south and west as an adult'. The photos are just echoes of our past. The terraces, the shit food, dodgy tea and wafts of pipe smoke I can still hear, taste and smell. What we have is progress and I think the loss of the Goldstone plays into that sense of a loss of feeling of being a part of when we were younger. Must say I feel more a part of the north stand, Peter Ward and the 70s than I do today and the Amex. As fantastic as today is with what we have there's something about an an era like the 70s/80s and the Goldstone. Football Culture has evolved so far from what it was back then its almost sanitised itself to a point of squeaky clean. Not sure if all this makes sense but I know what I mean.

Last edited:

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
This is excellent news...I remember travelling with you to an away game (Cardiff) where you discussed the original project with me all those years ago.

Oh and I am in the book, you can see me to the left of the banner during the walk through Mellor en route to Bill Archer's house.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

I vaguely remember! I remember the game and certainly remember the trip to Mellor. I have Attila's original draft letter to Archer somewhere

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I was asked to take part in a survey about supporting the Albion before a match early last season. One question they asked me was "Do you feel part of the Club?"
I answered "No", even though I am, I don't feel involved to the depth I was in those days.

The corporate and money making has taken over. But then again if we want the best then we have to allow the club to extract every penny from us I guess

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Thats a good buy! Yes was a great shop. Is there anything similar?

I paid £21.95 for it.

There are very few sports bookshops left I think. Most are incorporated into general memorabilia shops. There is one in newcastle and I believe one in Bournemouth (In Off the Far Post?).

I can't be doing with E Books. Who doesn't love a bit of musty paper in their hands?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
580 here. Signed by SW when I picked it up per instructions.
F897DEFB-1FD7-47BA-8744-AF226353F87F.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see the surname of a regular NSC correspondent has been annointed with an extra letter, on the acknowledgements page. Probably not for the first time.

Stunning photos. :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mine is un-numbered.

I bought it from Sportspages bookshop in Charing Cross Road. Possibly the greatest bookshop ever. I was devastated when it closed. Used to spend hours in there, browsing books and reading fanzines.

I spent a few years living in Burnley and discovered Border Books in Todmorden. It wasn't exclusively a sports bookshop, but it had a very large sports (and football) section (both new and secondhand):-

1234.jpg

I absolutely loved that place - any time Albion had an away match in Yorkshire I'd make a point of stopping by and would always add something to my collection. Must have spent hundreds of pounds in there over the years.

A google search suggests that unfortunately the proprietor (Victor Collinge) passed away a few years ago - Tributes to Victor, Borderbookseller

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton

The thing is, we were not part of the club back then...If anything we were at war with the club.

But these days, it is difficult to feel part of the club now that it is a corporate machine...However, despite what I say, I bet we feel and are much more of a togetherness with The Albion than any other Premier League club do.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here