Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Redknapp stupidity

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Wasn't his brief to keep them up?

Fair point and yes I'm sure it was. Although when he took over they were marooned at the bottom of the league without a win in 13 games after only escaping relegation on the last day of the previous season. He inherited a mess, he had mercenaries on allegedly 80k a week who didn't give a stuff about the club. If was another manager who cleared out the deadwood and then got them promoted he would be hailed as the man who 'turned the club a around' but as it 'Arry' and his 'wheeler dealing' praise is scarce.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]

it was only peter crouch, he wasnt scamming players and brining 10's of players in and letting them go just for personal gain. it was offered to him (the crouch deal) to make up for something that mandaric man had messed up for harry (financially wise) i believe.

Redknapp joined Portsmouth as Director of Football in June 2001 - his contract at that time included a 10% commission of net profits on transfers, which went down to 5% when he became manager in March 2002. The Crouch transfer that March is the one which received all the attention and happened to be the one brought up in the court case. Are you saying that the Crouch sale was the only one which Redknapp profitted from in his time at the club from June 2001 until November 2004 (and subsequently 2005-2008) ?

I'm going to have to call Chinny Reckon to the stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here