Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More rank closing by the Germans and Austrians at the Austrian Grand Prix

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rosberg's brakes blamed by Lauda on Sky F1 immediately after the race.
What absolute BS. If his brakes weren't working before the corner, why wasn't he braking earlier? Why did he not bother to turn his wheel towards the apex? He was deliberately cheating and trying to run Hamilton off the track.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What absolute BS. If his brakes weren't working before the corner, why wasn't he braking earlier? Why did he not bother to turn his wheel towards the apex? He was deliberately cheating and trying to run Hamilton off the track.

Hamilton would have done exactly the same..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hamilton would have done exactly the same..
Can you show me some evidence from the dozens of races they've been in before to prove that? I've never seen Hamilton do that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Can you show me some evidence from the dozens of races they've been in before to prove that? I've never seen Hamilton do that.

It's got nothing to do with cheating, it's racing, it's standard practice when someone tries to pass on the outside.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
There's a big difference between running another driver out of road and just plain running in to them. For sure Lewis has been aggressive in defending his position before but he's done it within the rules.
I don't think I'd mind so much if Rosberg at least owned up to it, but the fact he is still blaming Hamilton despite the stewards and pretty much every TV pundit putting the blame on him just shows him to be a bit of a tool.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In that example Hamilton was in the lead as they got to the corner. He managed to get round the corner without completely leaving the track, but he did force Rosberg wide. So in both instances, Hamilton was in the lead going into the corner.

It's got nothing to do with cheating, it's racing, it's standard practice when someone tries to pass on the outside.
What absolute nonsense. If it was standard practice. why was Rosberg given a penalty?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Did he hit Rosberg and damage either car?
Did the stewards look at this?
Was Hamilton punished?

There's a big difference between running another driver out of road and just plain running in to them. For sure Lewis has been aggressive in defending his position before but he's done it within the rules.
I don't think I'd mind so much if Rosberg at least owned up to it, but the fact he is still blaming Hamilton despite the stewards and pretty much every TV pundit putting the blame on him just shows him to be a bit of a tool.

Hamilton turned into Rosberg, who was running him wide yesterday. That's how I see it. I'm at work so don't have all day to look up every historical event and exact stewarding documentation. I'm a big fan of Lewis but he'd have push Nico out wide too, they're both really competitive and were fighting to win, simple as that in my opinion.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
No
No
No

But that won't stop people who have no clue whatsoever about racing comment.

Indeed, Lewis should get out of Merc ASAP, as they will always favour Rosberg. I am sure Red Bull, Ferrari or even Mclaren (if they sort engine) would take him like a shot. He proved time & time again he is a much better driver than Rosberg, he is currently World Champion and I am sure will win this year.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No
No
No

But that won't stop people who have no clue whatsoever about racing comment.

I've been to Silverstone to watch F1 more times than I can count. I've been to Valencia & Montreal to watch it. I'm off to Austin this year and Silverstone next week. I've watched F1 since I was a kid. You might not like my opinion but to say I have no clue is a tad harsh. I'm Lewis fan, just saw this one differently. Not saying I'm correct, just how I saw it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
In that example Hamilton was in the lead as they got to the corner. He managed to get round the corner without completely leaving the track, but he did force Rosberg wide. So in both instances, Hamilton was in the lead going into the corner.

What absolute nonsense. If it was standard practice. why was Rosberg given a penalty?

Since when have F1 stewards been consistent? Look, I've given my opinion, we disagree, that's cool. Don't have all day to sit here arguing about it. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since when have F1 stewards been consistent?
Yes I agree with you there, the penalty is not exactly proof.

Look, I've given my opinion, we disagree, that's cool.
Indeed, I respect your right to be wrong :)

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Hamilton turned into Rosberg, who was running him wide yesterday. That's how I see it. I'm at work so don't have all day to look up every historical event and exact stewarding documentation. I'm a big fan of Lewis but he'd have push Nico out wide too, they're both really competitive and were fighting to win, simple as that in my opinion.

If you have another look when you can, you will see Lewis took Rosberg, as the corner approached you would expect both driver's would turn but, as Lewis turned he thought so would Nico but, Rosberg held late so he went into Lewis, blatant then he didn't let Lewis back on the track.

I am no expert but, you don't need to be too see what Rosberg did was wrong, 100%. And he was punished for it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

2 similar but very different incidents. In Austin it is the start of the race on cold tyres in which Hamilton reaches the corner first. In the cockpit view you can see he turns in but understeers, if anything he does misjudges the corner a bit too and goes wide - but he is crucially in front when he reaches the corner.

The key to yesterday if you want to take another look is the cockpit view of Rosberg's car - he doesn't even attempt to turn his car into the corner. Had he understeered, gone in too quick, his brakes we'd seem him steering into the corner but going straight on, you could put it down to racing, but even if your defending your position and squeezing the outside car, you can't just go straight on, you apply the squeeze as you get through the corner AND you have to be ahead to legitimately do that.

Even after that, he doesn't give any room for Lewis to rejoin the track! Shameful driving.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit harsh!

They knew there was a brake problem from the telemetry but had hardly had a chance to look at the analysis of the collision before they had a microphone shoved up their noses.

Hamilton is a pretty aggressive driver himself too and they have previous on this type of incident. Not trying to excuse Rosberg, who was clearly at fault, but I don't believe in the conspiracy theorists either!

P.s. wonder if the booing was due to the collision or a result of Brexit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brundle called it immediately and Lauda was a driver too so would almost certainly have understood what happened immediately. Unless his steering had failed there was no way that was a normal entry or exit by Rosberg.

I'd blame him for the last crash too. As long as he is in front in the World Championship he will continue to try and take Hamilton out IMO. He cannot beat him in wheel to wheel racing. I don't think he has come out top in any of their wheel to wheel races and has caused three crashes that I can recall if you include the one last season where he ran Hamilton off the track

Mercedes are desperate for a German win, no other reason they'd poke up with Rosberg IMO they should have sacked Rosberg and signed Vettel before he went to Ferrari

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If you have another look when you can, you will see Lewis took Rosberg, as the corner approached you would expect both driver's would turn but, as Lewis turned he thought so would Nico but, Rosberg held late so he went into Lewis, blatant then he didn't let Lewis back on the track.

I am no expert but, you don't need to be too see what Rosberg did was wrong, 100%. And he was punished for it.

Fully agree he didn't let Lewis back on the track and was in the wrong. All I said was, Hamilton would have done the same. He's as aggressive as anyone and that's one of the reasons I love watching him race.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here