More power needed in midfield

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
I know crofts will be a great addition to our midfield but we are still lacking physical presence that gus has remarked upon from time to time. I'd love Harley to be sold so these funds can be put towards a really hungry decent midfielder. If sparrow is going I would agree it's a good move but would keep vincelot. No need to panic but we do need a bit more strength and ability in the team including a forward. A point against hull and a win vs Cardiff will do wonders for the squad. In gus we trust!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Harley and Dicker simply can't cut it at this level and they've shown very little to suggest they ever will be able to... In Gus we'll find it a lot harder to trust if he keeps playing these two along with 'final ball into touch' Noone.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I would assume that Crofts will replace Harley in midfield on Saturday, but I am yet to be convinced that Dicker is up to it. Looking at the squad at with the 2 out of favour as mentioned elsewhere we do look like in this area particularly if injury strikes Bridcut or crofts. I do wonder about sending JFC out on loan, he would not have done any worse last night than Harley or Dicker. Neither would Sparrow for that matter. Do wonder if the striker signing, if this happens will alter the formation and mena playing Bridcut and Crofts with vicente in front? Wait and see I guess.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think it could be Crofts and Bridcutt in the centre, Vicente and Buckley out wide. The search has moved on to a striker to play up top with CMS.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
still think we need someone strong in the midfield and look at all the other teams in our league have got a strong midfielder

I fear we are going to get out-muscled again in most of our games this season. It beggars belief that this was marked up as a major problem in the final third of last season and yet, other than through the signing of Crofts, we have not addressed the issue.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
still think we need someone strong in the midfield and look at all the other teams in our league have got a strong midfielder

I fear we are going to get out-muscled again in most of our games this season. It beggars belief that this was marked up as a major problem in the final third of last season and yet, other than through the signing of Crofts, we have not addressed the issue.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
could do a job:smile:

Attachments

• images (16).jpg
    images (16).jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 110

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would imagine that there is only room for one ego at the club.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If only Gus could make up with Abdul Razak. just what we need

What, the Abdul Razak who started his loan spell with us so well but then decided he couldn't be arsed with being associated with such a tinpot outfit like The Albion? Yeah, get the guy back - & break the bleedin' bank if we have to! :thumbsup:

*sigh*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports