Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] More possible FFP issues for Chelsea?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'd love there to be some impactful action but unless there's a meaningful points deduction I can't see this ever changing unfortunately. A fine becomes an acceptable cost of business when the rewards give greater riches than any penalty will ever detract from.
Same with Everton and Man City but little happens.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
There is absolutely no way any team has benefited from illegal money being pumped into their club by a shady owner, no siree! Because all owners have to pass the League's fit and proper test and as we all know, that test is 100% guaranteed to filter out any crooks. :laugh::laugh:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is absolutely no way any team has benefited from illegal money being pumped into their club by a shady owner, no siree! Because all owners have to pass the League's fit and proper test and as we all know, that test is 100% guaranteed to filter out any crooks. :laugh::laugh:
Yes! The Beautiful Game is in safe hands with The FA / Eufa / FIFA in charge, they are there for us.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
New regime flag up wrong doing by old regime, get away scott free because they are the new regime who flagged it up is my guess

I am pretty sure that I read that Chelsea had recently advised of past irregularities that had come to light.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
it’s cheating. plain and simple. same with city. nothing will happen because the sport has utterly sold its soul to oligarchs and petrostates. they will instead use the FFP rules to make an ‘example’ of some struggling league two club already being run into the ground by a parasitic owner (which was us once upon at time), whilst the big clubs lawyer up and kick the can down the road until everyone has conveniently forgotten

perhaps the single biggest dampener of our current success has been that it’s coincided with a period where the sport has been impossibly rigged in favour of a couple of clubs and hard work ultimately doesn’t count for very much. i hate modern football.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
FFP in all it's forms and across all divisions has always struck me as an unnecessary interference in how clubs are run.

If the regulations are followed to the letter the only area of spending that is effectively controlled is player costs. Most other areas fall outside of control by FFP.

Essentially FFP is attempting to control players' earnings without falling foul of legislation enacted in most western countries that restricts attempts to cap workers pay.

FFP is often portrayed as a means to stop clubs getting into financial problems yet spending is not in itself the cause of these problems - borrowing is. Put limits on the amounts clubs can borrow, from both external lenders and owners. If an owner wants to invest in a club then fine but it should not be a loan but an equity purchase.

If TB wanted to splash out and buy a whole team of super stars, paying them outrageous sums, then why shouldn't he be allowed to so long as he invested enough to cover their purchase and running costs for the period of their contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here