More players on the way

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 chins

Jan 22, 2012
Gus to make at least one more addition to his team before the end of the transfer window who could it be Another striker or a defender maybe ? bring em on Gus

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gus to make at least one more addition to his team before the end of the transfer window who could it be Another striker or a defender maybe ? bring em on Gus

Where did you hear this?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
heinz-ketchup1.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Without selling any current players, I'd say we only need a central defender.

If CMS IS leaving, then potentially another striker, in the Fernandez mould would be good.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd go for a defender because we lack pace at the back and, unless CMS leaves, that's about it. Hammond and Bridcutt seem to have developed a decent partnership now so I think we're ok there. If Bridcutt leaves, thats a different story I think.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I would like to see a quick central defender added. The problem for me is Greer and El Abd know they haven't got the pace, which is why we often sit too deep. By sitting deep it means there's greater space between the midfield and defense, and one of the main reasons we've conceded so many goals from long range!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not sure what the OP source is but Argus says the same thing. No specifics mentioned other than "Poyet isn't finished yet", doesn't elaborate as to positions or anything.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Where did you hear this?

It's in today's Argus,
Gus saying "we are trying to do other things .There are always options in different positions but I prefer not to say "

Also goes on to say if Ulloa gets a few days training in after crossing all the ts and dotting the i's he could start on the bench on Saturday

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we dont need a new centre back if Dunk is staying around long term, we have 4 (5 if Vincelot is staying) so dont need any more, defence is not a problem for us. in fact, happy that if we sign this striker and Vicente stays fit, Buckley and KLL stay fit then we have a team capable of getting into those play offs, with out purchasing anyone else.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
we dont need a new centre back if Dunk is staying around long term, we have 4 (5 if Vincelot is staying) so dont need any more, defence is not a problem for us. in fact, happy that if we sign this striker and Vicente stays fit, Buckley and KLL stay fit then we have a team capable of getting into those play offs, with out purchasing anyone else.

I agree we have enough centre backs, what I'd disagree with is that we have enough cente backs of high enough quality to compete at the top of this league.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I agree we have enough centre backs, what I'd disagree with is that we have enough cente backs of high enough quality to compete at the top of this league.

the only thing i can say is that we have the 2nd best defence in the league if you base it on goals conceeded, only the foxes have better, so they cant be doing to much wrong

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Our centre backs are not quick enough, hence why they defend so deeply. Get some pace in there, we can defend higher up the pitch, which helps everything else

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the main, Greer & El Abd do OK, but that said, I would fear for both of them if we ever made it to the Premier League, & in an ideal world, it'd be great to see a dominant, athletic, header-winning centre half with a bit of pace appear. Not that every club isn't looking for the same. Dunk went right off the boil following initial promise, makes too many mistakes & his distribution is really poor at times, so I'm not remotely convinced by his ability to replace either of the existing pairing. Perhaps once he's clear of his off field issues he might refocus & get back in the game, but for now I don't think he's the answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports