Gull Downunder

Jul 7, 2003
Melbourne
Not forgetting a personal favourite...
The Who's - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy.:bounce:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One for the long titles list. Howling Wolf's "This is Howling Wolf's new album, he doesn't like it. He didn't like his electric guitar at first either."

It's a crap title, but a great record.

As for the best, i reckon "It takes a nation of millions.." as well.

But I also like Ian Dury's "New boots and panties" and think "At the sound of the bell" by Pavlov's Dog is quite clever.

Well ! A Howlin Wolf fan on NSC!
I trust you also know of 'Message To The Young' by him, another classic from his later period - my faves are his 2nd 'Rockingchair' album, or The Real Folk Blues, which is excellent and shows the skills of Hubert Sumlin, his guitarist. Check out Errol Dixon's 'Blues In The Pot' too .

I'm not too impressed with many LP titles, but since I'm thinking 'bout blues, then Buddy guy was pretty succinct with 'Damn Right I've Got The Blues'

Many artists have come up with clever names, i.e. Lindisfarne 'Nicely Out Of Tune' or Philamore Lincoln 'North Wind Blew South', Caravan 'If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You', Roy Harper 'Flat, Baroque and Berserk', and it's more interesting to find out the significance of the music really.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Music for the Jilted Generation - Prodigy

Good title to sum up how people who like "music with repetitive beats" were criminalised by the Conservatives in the mid 90s.

Considering most musical forms (exempting classical), have a tempo don't they also have repetitive beats?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Caravan have a better titled album, (imo) and infinitely better to listen to!

'If I could do it all over again, I'd do it all over you'

'Wynder K Frog' did an Album called 'out of the frying pan'

HP Lovecraft, At the mountains of madness :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here