More help needed with Sky Box

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I am hopeless with this sort of thing so need some help.

Basically our tv will not pick up sky depsite the green light on the box being on and the playstation picking up no problem.,

we have two flatscreen tv's - one being looked after for friends while they are away so its not the tv with the problem.

we have tried switching cables and HDMI ports to no avail.

Last night we got sky on the phone and they gave us some dignostics to run - unsurprisngly they had no impact.

We've taken the card out, turned it off for three minutes and back on again - and although the green light always comes on there is no signal and therfore no sky.

sky say they do not have an engineer in the area until wednesday next week and i am getting the massive raving himp. no sky and no football - which cannot go on.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No idea whatsoever.
I am interested in this massive raving himp of yours though. Pics ?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Thanks Easy. Basically a raving himp is an impotent version of a raving hump.

For example - I am face to face to someone and can therefore collar them and not let them leave until my raving hump has been dealt with.

A raving himp however typically takes place on a phone conversation where you are dealing with a stuttering twat who cannot speak English, have been listen to that c**t Vivaldi for 20 minutes and when you are three minutes into explaining your problem the line goes dead and you have to start again. In essence a hump can influence the outcome - a himp and you are in the hands of some twat on another continent who can cimply press the disconnect button and you are f***ed.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
het an engineer out. sounds like your dish needs to be re aligned with the satellite or the cable from the dish to the stb is knackered.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
het an engineer out. sounds like your dish needs to be re aligned with the satellite. Is the satellite still at 28.2 degrees north

what?

now you've utterly lost me - I am very gullable on this sort of thing so please let me know you are taking the piss before i throw a Rod Hulkl tonight in the dark

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
We had a similar thing and it turned out to be because I hadn't cut the hedge - just a couple of twigs growing in front of the dish blocked the signal.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I have had the same a couple of times, what has worked for me -

I have a dish on my balcony and my daughter had put some plants in front of it, easy one that.

I bumped the dish when moving stuff around, moved it a few mil out of alignment and needed an engineer to set it up again, took 5 mins and cost £80, i am a lot more careful now.

Also, disconnecting the sky cables from the box for a few mins worked once.

Probably no help but that is the limit of my knowledge when it comes to techi things.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
what?

now you've utterly lost me - I am very gullable on this sort of thing so please let me know you are taking the piss before i throw a Rod Hulkl tonight in the dark

We / YOU are paying dearly for the service so get them out to sort it BIG TIME. BSkyB 'should' have some degree of customer service but, there again, perhaps not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports