Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More good news - Liam Bridcutt

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Glad he's getting back to fitness, but he'll be a Sunderland player in Jan, and we'll be £2.5 million better off.

Just can't see bloom selling to poyet. If a player really wants to leave bloom will usually let go but not in this instance

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Absolutely. I'd probably take £3 million. Bridcutt is a great player but it's not hard to find others who can play his role almost as well. In fact, we already have the likes of Andrews, Crofts and Ince in place, all of whom have done reasonably well this season. If we sold Bridcutt I doubt we'd even need to bring someone in to replace him. But more importantly, we'd have £3 million or more to invest in someone to play the flair role at the front of the midfield three. If you only play one upfront it is really important to have a top-quality player in that attacking midfield position who can create and score goals. Other than Vicente's rare appearances, we haven't had that player yet at The Amex, but I reckon it is the one we most need to fill.

Agree entirely sell Bridcutt for 3m and buy in a good quality attacking midfielder that can make incisive passes in the final third. How much money do you need for a high quality championship attacking midfielder though?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just can't see bloom selling to poyet. If a player really wants to leave bloom will usually let go but not in this instance

I don't think he'd like to sell to Poyet, but if the players wants to leave and we're getting well compensated, it might be more harmful not to sell. It would piss me off no end though, the best midfielder I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hell be keeping himself fit and out of trouble until he goes to Munterland in January. Head had already been turned IMO.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't think he'd like to sell to Poyet, but if the players wants to leave and we're getting well compensated, it might be more harmful not to sell. It would piss me off no end though, the best midfielder I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt.

But it's not like Sunderland will be the only club interested. We have seen bloom dig his heels in with Poyet before. Unless it's big bucks he won't sell to Sunderland I'm sure of that

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Absolutely. I'd probably take £3 million. Bridcutt is a great player but it's not hard to find others who can play his role almost as well. In fact, we already have the likes of Andrews, Crofts and Ince in place, all of whom have done reasonably well this season. If we sold Bridcutt I doubt we'd even need to bring someone in to replace him. But more importantly, we'd have £3 million or more to invest in someone to play the flair role at the front of the midfield three. If you only play one upfront it is really important to have a top-quality player in that attacking midfield position who can create and score goals. Other than Vicente's rare appearances, we haven't had that player yet at The Amex, but I reckon it is the one we most need to fill.

What the hell has happened to you?? Did you get bored of the hilarious internet caricature you'd created and decide to post as a normalo? I'm enjoying it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hell be keeping himself fit and out of trouble until he goes to Munterland in January. Head had already been turned IMO.

Interesting. What evidence do you have to support that his head has been turned? Do you know him? Or have you come to this conclusion from his disinterested performances on the pitch recently?

What the hell has happened to you?? Did you get bored of the hilarious internet caricature you'd created and decide to post as a normalo? I'm enjoying it.

It's great, isn't it? One of the best posters on the board when he's in 'normal' mood. Maybe he had intercourse or something recently.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Whilst we are on an injury-based thread.....can anyone tell me which of our squad it was that left our 'dug-out' wearing tracksuit and a beanie and hobbled down the tunnel at the end of the match on crutches? It wasn't Ward. Didnt recognise who it was under the hat. It wasn't that man from Argentina I hope....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whilst we are on an injury-based thread.....can anyone tell me which of our squad it was that left our 'dug-out' wearing tracksuit and a beanie and hobbled down the tunnel at the end of the match on crutches? It wasn't Ward. Didnt recognise who it was under the hat. It wasn't that man from Argentina I hope....

Both Leo and KLL were watching from the bench with crutches, wearing tracksuits and beanies last night.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It'll be great news when he restripes for however many games. As i've mentioned elsewhere, the real plus will be in allowing a more attacking central midfield, with a fit again Orlandi being that lynchpin of flicks and dummies and nutmegs and olés. Bridders and Andrews lurking and patroling. And 4 potential threats to goal. 5 when we're chasing a game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both Leo and KLL were watching from the bench with crutches, wearing tracksuits and beanies last night.

Hoskins was on crutches (still!) with what I assume was his son too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we have any intention of trying to go up this season selling Bridcutt would be a bit foolhardy, unless he actually wants to go. He will not be that easy to replace if we did go up and if we don't need to sell, what's the point? He could help us get promoted, no guarantee that whoever we bring on will be as influential and what we have at the moment won't be good enough.

None of this will happen until January anyway so we'll have a much better idea of our chances then, if we are in contention I think we'd be a bit mental to sell him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here