Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More forensic journalism in Argus

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Reporting on the fate of last week's hapless Withdean officials, messrs Naylor and Owen today present this fascinating explanation of the ref and linesman's non-appearance at matches this weekend...

"A source has confirmed to Diary it could be deliberate, or it could be they were not scheduled to have a game in any case."

What would we do without these regular updates from the Argus?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I prefer to think they've been disciplined and suspended, makes me feel better :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which reminds me, I found out that a bloke at my place of work was the 4th official at Withdean last week. I'll drop him an email...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Which reminds me, I found out that a bloke at my place of work was the 4th official at Withdean last week. I'll drop him an email...

Assuming he already knows you're an Albion fan, he'll be keeping a low profile!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im glad they have cleared that one up

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'm always a bit puzzled by the anti-Naylor stance on here and Brian Owen in particular always strikes me as being a decent bloke. The Argus sports section leads with an Albion story most days (Sussex cricket in the summer naturally enough) and on a slow news day what are they supposed to report?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We have a Ref at work,knows them both he said to me.If the F.A think they are in the wrong.They will both be suspended for 1 game.Funny neither at a game this weekend.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm always a bit puzzled by the anti-Naylor stance on here and Brian Owen in particular always strikes me as being a decent bloke. The Argus sports section leads with an Albion story most days (Sussex cricket in the summer naturally enough) and on a slow news day what are they supposed to report?

I'm not against the Argus but to report that the non-appearance of the two officials in this weekend's fixture list is either (A) significant or (B) not significant strikes me as a little thin even on a non-news day.

And it would be nice if they are going to run a story about a Burnley player joining Scunthorpe on a month's loan they could contrive to spell the name of at least one of the two clubs correctly.

That's all. Perhaps I'm having a bad week.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
No fair enough and that wasn't even particularly directed at you. Just general commentary about the anti-Naylor borderline obsession that is sometimes prevelant on here.

Anyway.....it's Friday , it's payday , the sun is shining and Albion are top of the league. HFD I say!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here