Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More football violence today at Newcastle v Sunderland - 27 arrested

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Why are the away fans put in the upper tier at St James Park? I bet there were a few drinks 'accidently' spilt by Sunderland fans on to the Geordies below them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone needs to tell Tubby, the reason he's wearing his scarf around his face is so he won't get identified IN THE CROWD.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can't generalise about Sunderland this or Millwall that.

I think you can about Millwall that.

They may not all be scrappers but they enjoy the notoriety.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What an utter bell end.
This weekend has been shocking for football in this country.

Has it? Has anyone got hurt? Has anyone died or even come close to dying? I doubt even anyone has reported the incidents to the police!!

10 blokes had a punch up at Millwall that I'm sure you probably see worse on West Street most Saturdays and Newcastle kids have reacted badly to getting gubbed at home to their bitter rivals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Has it? Has anyone got hurt? Has anyone died or even come close to dying? I doubt even anyone has reported the incidents to the police!!

10 blokes had a punch up at Millwall that I'm sure you probably see worse on West Street most Saturdays and Newcastle kids have reacted badly to getting gubbed at home to their bitter rivals.
Apart from the QPR fan being stabbed you mean?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Indeed if we just to go by deaths at sporting events this weekend it would appear that we should ban marathons.......

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

So you don't think a fan getting stabbed is bad? Interesting point of view.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Apart from the QPR fan being stabbed you mean?

So you don't think a fan getting stabbed is bad? Interesting point of view.

In my defence I didn't know someone had been stabbed. I was talking about what went on at Wembley and in Newcastle. All seems much ado about very little that has been blown out of all proportion by the media. I expect every paper will run a story this week suggesting that football is going back to its dark days.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit

Wor Horse

images (29).jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've seen Brighton fans doing it in Brighton station when palace were in town.

But that was a long long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

I was in that galaxy a long long time ago, it was called the East stand at the Goldstone when, * hit a horse square on the chin. Police were on him like a ton of bricks..

* - name has been withheld to protect the guilty

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wigan fans, and also London cabbies working, have called the BBC and Talksport, to say there was a vile atmosphere both BEFORE and after the Millwall game, with bottles thrown at Wigan fans, spitting and verbal aggression towards Wigan families/fans, in the streets on the route to Wembley.

A few fights down West Street Brighton is an irrelevance. Does not justify the disgraceful and typical behaviour of these Millwall thugs.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wigan fans, and also London cabbies working, have called the BBC and Talksport, to say there was a vile atmosphere both BEFORE and after the Millwall game, with bottles thrown at Wigan fans, spitting and verbal aggression towards Wigan families/fans, in the streets on the route to Wembley.

A few fights down West Street Brighton is an irrelevance. Does not justify the disgraceful and typical behaviour of these Millwall thugs.

Blimey Millwall fans in being an arse shocker!! Hold the front page!

Millwall get 10k at home and its not really a pleasant place to go. Times that by 4 and you'll have every herbert and his dog there. Hardly news it! The evening standard last night ran a piece revealing the shocking news that the "thugs" involved were on cocaine!! ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH BAN THIS FILTH!

The incident at Millwall appears as though it had nothing to with football violence just two groups of blokes having a punch up, it just happened to be in a football ground and not a pub so I think the comparison to West Street is a valid one.

The Newcastle incident was a bit more serious but it was hardly world war three was and not unlike the scenes before our game against Palace last season so it happens at derby games. Didn't make national headlines though did it. Whilst on that subject at Nuneaton Lincoln the other week their were 100 odd arrests at a fixture that attracted 1100 people. Compare that to the 27 nicked in Newcastle from a crowd of 52k and the 14 at Wembley from a crowd of 62k what is worse?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Such a pointless thing to do, and I'm amazed at the little effort those bottle throwers made to cover-up their identity. Throwing bottles at a police line, at football you're looking at a good 2-3 years inside & a life ban (as Newcastle have been quoted saying). Do it in a Riot and you'll feel hard done by if you get an ASBO.

From the footage I've seen it just looks like scruffy locals with nothing better to do. I've been Newcastle/Sunderland away 8-9 times and have never had, or heard any trouble up there. 2 of the tamest places to go in the Premiership imo. I know this wasn't the case in the 70's though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here