Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More English Champions League chuckles

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some top end whingeing on 5Live at the mo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Luckily Arsenal allegedly have £200m in the bank to fall back on.

Not spending any of it was clearly a shrewd decision :faceplam:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Of course it does. The most committed fans might watch foreign teams in the CL but the majority of English viewers want to watch the English teams. BT will get by far the most viewers for games involving the English sides. The possibility of several\all of our teams going out early will be a nightmare for BT, but the idea of one not even qualifying at all (and therefore losing a minimum of six matches involving an English club) has to make what they're offering less attractive.

Millions will still watch the semi finals and final.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite funny really, it is all going down the pan. BT have hideously over paid for CL TV rights and could end up with one English team in the KO phase, the Premier League could lose the 4th place to Italy thus messing up the finances of more than one club who rely on CL money and nobody else cares.

Can't say I care. But I do get your wider point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Millions will still watch the semi finals and final.

I think his point stands, to be fair. People will always watch the latter stages, but even for those games the viewing figures would be much higher with English clubs partaking. As for the rest of the competition, viewing figures will be minute if we have one or no representatives after the group stages!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here